Are you just moving into the area?
Are you moving into
the area or are looking to enroll your child in a District school?
We're excited to have
you and your family join Indian Prairie School District 204!
Indian Prairie is the fourth-largest school district in Illinois, encompassing 46 square miles, including portions of Naperville, Aurora, Bolingbrook, and Plainfield. For more information on any of our schools, we invite you to visit our Schools At-a-Glance page that provides links to each of our schools' web pages.
In order to get ready for the first day of school, you will need to register your child using ParentVue, our online registration system. New student registration includes any student who has never attended an IPSD school OR a previous IPSD student who withdrew and is now re-enrolling. Included below are the steps to complete online registration for the next school year:
Registering Your Child to Attend Indian Prairie School District 204
Click on a numbered category heading below to view details.
Click here to view the District's boundary maps of our schools. You can also view our subdivision list, which provides a listing of the elementary, middle and high schools for all subdivisions in the District.
If you are currently living in a hotel/motel, camper, vehicle, or shared housing with others, or are an unaccompanied youth with no legal parent/guardian, you may qualify for the McKinney-Vento Act (MVA). The MVA is a Federal Law that is designed to remove barriers to education created by homelessness and provide for the educational rights of students in transition. Please contact the Office of Residency and Registration at 630-375-3020 for any questions or to determine if your family qualifies.
Online Registration will be available beginning June 8,
2020, for the 2020-21 school year. During online registration, you will be
asked to provide a series of documents for your child, depending on their grade
level and age.
These documents can be provided by using a scanner or
using the ParentVUE app to take a picture using an iOS or Android device.
To prepare for online
registration, review the following document list. Have the following documents completed and available to expedite your
online registration experience:
- Proof of Identity and Age, if registering your child for the first time.
Original/Certified copy of a birth certificate, valid passport, or other record recognized by a court of law.
- Proof of Residency:
One of the following:
- Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g., canceled check or Form 1098 (homeowners)
- Mortgage papers (homeowners)
- Signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment, e.g., canceled check or receipts (renters)
- Letter from manager and proof of last month's payment, e.g., canceled check or receipt (trailer park residents)
- Letter of residence from landlord in lieu of lease (7:60-AP2, E1)
Two of the following:
- Driver's license
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Most recent cable television and/or credit card bill
- Current bank statement
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Most recent gas, electric, and/or water bill
- Current library card
- Receipt for moving van rental
Indian Prairie School District Board Policy 7:60, requires that "only students who are residents of the District may attend a District school except as provided below or in state law." This means that any student enrolling in the district MUST reside within the district before their first day of attendance.
- Letter of "Good Standing," if transferring from another school.
- Health Examination and Immunization Requirements:
- Disease Immunization Records, as required by state law*†
Students entering grades six, seven, eight, nine, ten, and twelve must show proof of meeting required immunizations. For additional information on immunizations, please visit http://www.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/RegExamsImmunization
- Physical Examination, signed by your child's physician*†
Also known as the "State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination."
- Vision Examination, signed by your child's optometrist†
Also known as the "State of Illinois Eye Examination Report." Students entering kindergarten or enrolling in an Illinois public school for the first time. Written proof of having been examined by a physician licensed to practice medicine in all of its branches or a licensed optometrist will be required.
- Dental Examination, signed by your child's licensed dentist†
Also known as the "State of Illinois Proof of School Dental Examination Form." Students entering kindergarten, second, and sixth grades are required to present proof of an oral health examination completed by a licensed dentist. This will be due prior to May 15th of that academic year.
* If these are not completed, the student will be excluded from school on October 15, 2020. Out-of-state physical examinations written on approved forms, which meet current state of Illinois requirements, are acceptable if they are less than one year old. An out-of-state transfer student may, at the time of registration, provide an appointment card showing these requirements will be completed within thirty days. At the end of the thirty day period, if the completed forms have not been presented to health services, the student will be excluded from school.
† Check with your health care provider to see if they have the mandated Illinois forms. Otherwise, they are provided for your reference on this site and during online registration.
- Administration of Medications in School:
The District's Medication Policy is found in the Parent/Student Handbook and in our School Board Policy Manual. A student who has asthma or allergies is allowed to carry necessary medication while at school. Physician orders or a photocopy of the pharmaceutical label on the medication box for rescue inhalers must be on file with the nurse.
- Authorization for Administration of Medication in School by School Personnel
- Authorization for Self-Administration of Medication in School
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a future IPSD student, you will first create a ParentVUE account with a user name and password. This is the same account you will use to access District resources once your child is enrolled.
Please note: In order to enroll your child online, you will need an email address.
To create an account:
- Beginning on June 8th, click this link to visit our online registration system, or enter the following URL in your browser: https://parentvue.ipsd.org/PXP2_OEN_Login.aspx.
- Click on "More Options"
- Select "Create a New Account"
The online registration system will guide you through the process of entering the required information to create your account. You will need to verify your email address by clicking on a link that is sent to your email account.
After verifying your email address, you will begin the online registration process for your child(ren). Please refer to Step 2 ("Preparing for Online Registration") above for information on required documents, physical exams, and immunizations.
A staff member at your child's new school will review your online registration materials. They may have follow-up questions which will be sent to the email address you provided during online registration.
The staff member will also coordinate a time to review your child's identity and age verification documents. While you may have uploaded identity and age verification documents online, Illinois state law requires that the District inspect your child's original certified birth certificate, passport, or record recognized by a court of law within 30 days.
If you have questions about these documents or other registration and enrollment procedures, please do not hesitate to contact the school office or the Office of Residency and Registration by email at email@example.com or by phone at 630-375-3020.