Following consultation with the DuPage County Health Department, District 204 administrators make the decision to close buildings after learning an individual has been in the building who has tested positive or presumed positive for COVID-19. This closure is a safety measure that protects students, staff and the community while the building undergoes extensive cleaning.
Through ongoing contact tracing, a health services staff member will notify individuals who need to quarantine as a precaution. A precautionary quarantine does not mean that an employee or student is sick or will become sick, but is a Department of Public Health practice to best ensure the safety of those around them and decrease the transmission of COVID-19. More information on COVID-19 is at DuPage County Health Department.
The following closures have been reported:
- Metea Valley High School, Closed 9/25/20 - 9/26/20
- Cowlishaw Elementary School, Closed 9/24/20
- Longwood Elementary School, Closed 9/24/20 - 9/25/20
- May Watts Elementary School, Closed 9/24/20
- Metea Valley High School, Partially Closed 9/21/20
- Neuqua Valley High School, Partially Closed 9/21/20
- Longwood Elementary School, Partially Closed 9/14/20
- Still Middle School, Closed 8/24/20 - 8/25/20
- Metea Valley High School, Closed 8/20/20 - 8/23/20
- Clow Elementary School, Closed 8/12/20 - 8/17/20
- Neuqua Valley High School, Partially Closed 8/12/20 - 8/18/20
- Crouse Education Center, Closed 8/8/20 - 8/12/20
- Prairie Children Preschool, Closed 8/8/20 - 8/12/20