Public health officials have stressed that social distancing is the most proactive approach to this health crisis. The Illinois Association of School Administrators has provided a graphic to explain social distance.
We understand you may have concerns about how the virus may impact your family. Agencies continue to focus on prevention and stress the best way to prevent infection is to avoid exposure to the virus.
In addition to social distancing, the Illinois Department of Public Health recommends the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and contact your healthcare provider for a plan of care.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Public Health Resources
If you have questions about COVID-19, call the Illinois Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Hotline at 1-800-889-3931, or send an email to DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV anytime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Mental Health Resources
District 204’s psychologists and
social workers have provided the following information for parents who are
looking for family mental health resources during the COVID-19 crisis:
Support and Guidance
Fun Activities While Stuck Inside