Proof of residency is required for all new students, and whenever a change of address occurs.
Please note, according to Indian Prairie School District Board Policy 7:60, "only students who are residents of the District may attend a District school except as provided below or in state law." Any student enrolling in the District MUST reside within the District boundaries prior to their first day of attendance. Residency verification is also conducted every year for all District 204 students. For annual residency verification, the District utilizes a third-party vendor. If the third-party vendor cannot verify a family’s residency, then the family is required to provide three (3) varied proofs of residency or address evidence.
To meet the proof of residency requirements, a parent/guardian must present proof of residency within the District by providing the required number of documents from each of the following categories:
(One document required)
- Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g., canceled check or Form 1098 (homeowners)
- Mortgage papers (homeowners)
- Signed and dated lease and proof of last month’s payment, e.g., canceled check or receipts (renters)
- Letter from manager and proof of last month’s payment, e.g., canceled check or receipt (trailer park residents)
- Letter of residence from landlord in lieu of lease (7:60-AP2, E1)
(Two documents showing proper address are required)
- Driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Most recent cable television and/or credit card bill
- Current bank statement
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Most recent gas, electric, and/or water bill
- Current library card
- Receipt for moving van rental
Transfer students must provide student records and a "good standing" letter from the transfer school.
The building principal or designee is responsible for collecting this information before enrollment. If you have questions about these documents or other registration and enrollment procedures, please contact the school office or the Office of Residency and Registration by email at email@example.com or phone at 630.375.3020.