With the arrival of winter weather, please be reminded of the ways District 204 announces weather-related school closing information. The announcement is made by 6 a.m. through the following:
- Information is posted first on www.ipsd.org
- @ipsd204 on Twitter
- Connect-ED phone call to parents/guardians
- Local television and radio stations
- Emergency Closing Center's website
- Message on the district's information line at 630-375-3015
We will only announce when schools are closed. If schools are not closed, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents and guardians to decide if conditions safely allow for their children to attend school. If children are kept home due to weather conditions, it will count as an excused absence.
Please take a moment to check your phone number and email address in eSchoolPlus to make sure we have accurate contact information for you. Primary guardians can edit email addresses if they are incorrect. Additional email addresses and phone numbers can be corrected by contacting your school and asking them to update the information.