We are now accepting applications for the Sub Teacher and Sub TA Roster for the 17/18 school year. Please review the below information for instructions on how to apply.
Interested in becoming a District 204 Substitute?
1. If you are a Substitute Teacher applicant, you must hold an Illinois Teaching license or Substitute Teaching License registered in Dupage County.
2. If you are a Substitute Teaching Assistant applicant, you must hold a Papraprofessional Approval or an IL Teaching License/Substitute Teaching License registered in Dupage County.
Please complete the following:
Complete the online application for the area you desire to substitute in. All applications will be reviewed. Applicants whose experience and qualifications meets the needs of the district will be contacted for a phone screening. If selected, applicants will be invited to attend a New Substitute Orientation.
New Substitute Orientation Workshop
New substitutes are required to attend a 2-hour orientation prior to becoming active on the substitute list. This 2-hour orientation will include an explanation of District policies and procedures. All orientations will be held at the Crouse Education Center, 780 Shoreline Drive, Aurora, IL 60504. Applicants that are selected to attend an orientation will be provided with the required paperwork that must be completed prior to attending . Attendees will submit all completed paperwork at the orientation.
ARE YOU ALREADY A SUBSTITUTE IN THE DISTRICT?
Please complete the following to stay active on our substitute list:
- Download the 2017-2018 Substitute Handbook. (Available after August 1st, 2017)
- Complete the online mandated training modules through GCN Training as instructed by their due dates.
- Ensure that your teaching is current and registered for Dupage County (Visit
https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Educator-Licensure-Information-System.aspx) and has been updated in Lawson Self Service.
As a substitute employee of Indian Prairie School District 204, unfortunately you are not eligible for district provided medical insurance. Please review the below PDF for general information regarding the Affordable Care Act. The Illinois Marketplace is now available to the uninsured and those who purchase individual coverage at
Aesop & Kronos
TRS & Certification
Human Resources and Payroll
Training offered through the Dupage Regional Office of Education
Please contact the DuPage Regional Office of Education for information by contacting 630-407-5800 or visiting:
Smartboard Basic Instructions
Substitute Professional Development Information for New and Returning Substitute Teaching Assistants/Teachers in Special Education.
Information provided on types of classrooms, terminology and responsibilities.