Interested in Becoming a Guest Teacher (Substitute)?
Applications will be accepted through 04/30/2020.
- Complete the online application for the area you desire to substitute in.
- All applications will be reviewed. Applicants whose experience and qualifications meet the needs of the district will be contacted for a telephone screening.
- If selected after the screening, applicants will be provided with the necessary District paperwork. Once the paperwork is completed and submitted, applicants will be added to our list.
Substitute Teachers must hold an Illinois Teaching License or Substitute Teaching License registered in DuPage County.
Substitute Teaching Assistants must hold one of the following: a Paraprofessional License, an Illinois Teaching License or Substitute Teaching License registered in DuPage County.
Already a Substitute in the District?
- Download the 2019-2020 Substitute Handbook.
- Complete the GCN online mandated training modules by the due dates.
- Ensure that your Teaching License, Substitute License or Paraprofessional License is current and registered in DuPage County and updated on Lawson Self-Service.
Please review the directions below for how to use the Time and Attendance and Absence Management (Aesop) programs. Secretaries at the buildings also have copies of these instructions.
As a Guest Teacher or Guest Teaching Assistant you are not eligible for district-provided medical insurance. Please review the below PDF for general information regarding the Affordable Care Act. The Illinois Marketplace is now available to the uninsured and those who purchase individual coverage at
TRS & Licensure
Human Resources and Payroll