Interested in Becoming a Substitute?
Applications will be accepted from 7/2/2018 - 4/30/2019.
- Complete the online application for the area you desire to substitute in.
- All applications will be reviewed. Applicants whose experience and qualifications meet the needs of the district will be contacted for a telephone screening.
- If selected after the screening, applicants will be invited to attend a New Substitute Orientation. This 2-hour orientation will include an explanation of District policies and procedures. All orientations will be held at the Crouse Education Center, 780 Shoreline Drive, Aurora, IL 60504. Applicants that are selected to attend an orientation will be provided with the required paperwork that must be completed prior to attending. Attendees will submit all completed paperwork at the orientation.
Substitute Teachers must hold an Illinois Teaching License or Substitute Teaching License registered in DuPage County. Substitute Teaching Assistants must hold one of the following: a Paraprofessional License, an Illinois Teaching License or Substitute Teaching License registered in DuPage County.
Already a Substitute in the District?
- Download the 2018-2019 Substitute Handbook.
- Complete the GCN online mandated training modules by the due dates.
- Ensure that your Teaching License, Substitute License or Paraprofessional License is current and registered in DuPage County and updated on Lawson Self-Service.
The district has implemented Time & Attendance, a Frontline program, to track time worked. This program works in conjunction with Absence Management (formerly Aesop), in that your punches are directly tied to the assignment which you accepted through Absence Management. Please review the directions below for how to use Time and Attendance. Secretaries at the buildings also have copies of these instructions.
As a substitute employee of Indian Prairie School District 204, unfortunately you are not eligible for district-provided medical insurance. Please review the below PDF for general information regarding the Affordable Care Act. The Illinois Marketplace is now available to the uninsured and those who purchase individual coverage at
TRS & Licensure
Human Resources and Payroll