Principal Update September 2, 2018
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 9/2/18
DATE September 2, 2018
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• This week, all of our students will engage in Benchmarking Assessments in reading and math. These assessments are used to make decision about student instruction. You will find a letter attached that explains the assessments. Feel free to contact your child's teacher with any questions.
• The Reading Department is in need of some volunteers to help organize the guided reading collection. This is for a short-term project with various tasks involved. You will work with a partner to help expedite this process. Please feel free to sign up to work with someone you know. Use this link to sign up: Guided Reading Project Volunteers. For questions contact Anne Schmalandt (Reading Specialist) at: email@example.com Thank you for your help!
• Our arrival and departure procedures ran smoother this week. If you have any family or friends unfamiliar to our procedure pick up your children, please review our procedures with them and/or encourage them to view the Brookdale Drop Off Video found on our Brookdale Website and attached at this link. If you see someone getting out of their car, respectfully guide them to where they can park. This will help us in the long run to continue to have a safe and smooth arrival and departure of our students.
• There are two weeks left for students to sign up for the Team IPEF Kids Marathon which will be held on Saturday, October 20, 2018. The deadline for registering is September 3, 2018. So far we have 6 runners signed up from Brookdale. There is a $1,000 award going to the school with the most runners. That award is generously provided by Mathnasium of Naperville. See the attached flier for more information. The link to register is here.
• All second, third, fourth and fifth grade students will receive a Chromebook to use at school and at home. Please make sure your student brings their Chromebook fully charged with case attached on the first day of school. If your student has not yet picked up their Chromebook yet they will bring information home on Tuesday that needs to be signed and returned. Parents will also need to view the Chromebook Presentation here. Once we receive the forms signed by the guardian/parent, students will be allowed to bring the Chromebooks home nightly. In the meantime, they will be provided technology to use within the classroom as needed.
• Follow Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat. We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
SCHEDULE FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK:
Monday, September 3
• NO SCHOOL - Labor Day
Tuesday, September 4
• FIRST GRADE Benchmark Testing - throughout the school day
Wednesday, September 5
• Late Start Wednesday - first bell rings at 9:00am all students to be in their classroom by 9:15am
• KINDERGARTEN Benchmark Testing - throughout the school day
Thursday, September 6
• Bus Evacuation Drill for all students during the school day
Friday, September 7
• Spirit Day - Wear your Brookdale spirit wear or colors blue and yellow
• MOB (Men of Brookdale) during Recess and Lunch
• Benchmark Testing for all 2nd through 5th grade students - throughout the school day
• POPStar Party for 4th and 5th grade students - 3:35pm on playground
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Wednesday, September 12 - School Picture Day - 9:00am to 1:30pm
• Wednesday, September 12 - Curriculum Night (a parent night) - 6:30pm
• Thursday, September 20 - Student Fun Run Kick-Off Assembly - during the school day
• Thursday, September 20 - PTA General Meeting - Multi-purpose Room - 7:00pm
• Monday, September 24 - Family Fun Run Kick-Off Night at Portillo's on Jefferson - 5:00pm to 7:00pm
• Thursday, October 4 - PTA Fun Run - during the school day
• Monday, October 8 - NO SCHOOL - Columbus Day
• Friday, October 19 - End of First Quarter
Kids Marathon Flyer 2018 (pdf)
2019 aimswebPlus Notification Letter.pdf (pdf)
2019 aimswebPlus Notification Letter- Spanish.pdf (pdf)
Log in to Edit