Fall Conference Information
Reported by email@example.com on 11/4/19
Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences
• November 21, 2019 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm
• November 25, 2019 8:00 am - 3:00 pm & 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Conference Scheduler Open
At Still Middle School, you will be able to schedule individual conferences with specific core or encore teachers, counselor, social worker, etc. Each team may have a different format, but all are here to update you and work with you and your child.
There is a major difference between the middle school conferences and the elementary school conferences. Many times, at the elementary school level, there is enough time for every family to have a conference with their child’s teacher. Here at the middle school level, the reality is that most of our teachers have over 90 students, making it virtually impossible to meet with all parents during the scheduled days. If you have not heard from your child’s teachers by October 31, then they do not feel a conference is necessary.
Please realize that we value our communication with you and that our teachers are happy to provide face-to-face conferences on 11/21 or 11/25, email communication, and phone conferences. Over the years, some families have shared that they only scheduled conferences because they felt obligated to do so, and did not have specific questions or concerns because they had been in contact with their child’s teacher already. If you feel your concern/question does not need to be a face-to-face meeting, it is okay to simply reach out to the teacher throughout the year rather than scheduling a conference. Please feel free to contact them if the need arises through the process.
•Scheduling Window Opens on Friday, November 1 @ 12:00 PM (Noon)
• Scheduling Window Closes on Wednesday, November 20 @ 1:00 PM
• Conferences will be scheduled online through the Home Access Center (HAC)
Parents should log in to your HAC account
At the Home screen Click on the School Links tab
Then click on PowerPTC – Online Conference Scheduler
You will be asked to Log in again into PowerPTC – You are to use the same Login and Password that you used to Log in to your HAC account
• If you have any questions or concerns registering for conferences or your HAC account, please call our office at 630-375-3915.
• If you go online to register and all the time slots have been taken, please contact your child’s teacher directly via email to determine alternate options. All email addresses can be found on the Still Faculty and Staff Page at the following link: http://still.ipsd.org/Staff.aspx
• If you have to cancel a conference that you have scheduled, we ask that you log in to PowerPTC and cancel so that we can open up the time slot to other parents.
• Due to obvious time constraints, we ask that parents arrive a few minutes prior to the actual time scheduled. This helps everyone stay within the time allotted.
We realize that scheduling conferences is not always perfect and please know that as our online system is a first-come, first-serve basis it presents some challenges.
We look forward to communicating with you throughout the school year! Please feel free to contact the office if you are having any problems 630-375-3900.