Important Safety Message
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 1/29/20
To the Naperville and Aurora Communities:
We want to make you aware of a dangerous viral video challenge that first appeared on the social media app TikTok. The challenge involves plugging a phone charger partially into an outlet and then sliding a penny down the wall until it makes contact with the charger’s prongs, causing the outlet to smoke and spark. The result can cause electrical system damage, fire, and potentially serious injuries.
Parents should look for signs of fire play like scorched outlets, and have conversations about fire and electrical safety with their children. If a child attempts to recreate this viral video, they need to know they are putting themselves and others in a dangerous situation.
Thank you for your partnership in helping to keep our communities safe.
Mark Puknaitis, Naperville Fire Chief
Gary Krienitz, Aurora Fire Chief
Karen Sullivan, Superintendent, District 204
Dan Bridges, Superintendent, District 203