2021 Fall SAT Information
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 9/4/20
Dear Parent(s) or Guardian(s):
On September 23rd Indian Prairie Community Unit School District 204 will be administering the SAT with essay to senior students that were unable to take this college entrance assessment last spring due to COVID related closures. The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) requires that seniors participate in this assessment in order to graduate. ISBE has been working with the College Board to provide a fall testing date so that seniors can fulfill this graduation requirement and have scores reported in time for submission to colleges for early admission deadlines. Students that are unable to participate on September 23rd will be required to take the SAT in the spring during the next in-school testing date to meet the graduation requirement.
In order to protect the safety of students and staff, District 204 will be taking the following steps during the testing process:
- Social distancing will be required throughout the test and will be supported by modified check in
procedures, an increased number of testing rooms, and potentially staggered break times.
- Face coverings will be worn by all students and staff at all times.
- Students and staff will follow a precertification process before entering the building.
Next Tuesday and Wednesday senior students will be surveyed during English classes to determine if they will participate in testing on September 23rd or if they wish to wait until the spring testing date in April. We encourage you to discuss this with your student before that time.
Additional information for seniors taking the SAT (with essay):
- Participation in the SAT is a state requirement for high school graduation.
- Scores from the September 23 testing date will be available to students in mid-October.
- Students may elect to send their SAT scores to up to four colleges/universities at no charge. These colleges/universities must be identified on your student’s answer document on the day of testing using the four digit Score Reporting Code for each school. The list of codes are available here. and will be made available on testing day.
(If students do not identify colleges/universities on test day, once scores are released, students can choose to send scores for a fee through their College Board account.)
- The student guide for this fall’s SAT can be found here
- Additional information regarding the SAT is available https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org
Schools will be sharing additional information before the testing date including details about safety protocols, the schedule for the day, and transportation. Please contact your child’s guidance counselor should you have any additional questions.
Executive Director of Research and Assessment
Indian Prairie Community Unit School District 204
Fall SAT Parent Notification 20-21 (pdf)