Principal Update April 16, 2017
Reported by email@example.com on 4/16/17
What a beautiful weekend we enjoyed! We hope everyone was able to enjoy their time with family and friends. Remember, students are off of school on Monday, April 17, 2017.
Here is an update from Brookdale:
REGISTRATION FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
IPSD 204 has initiated a new process for proofing residency this school year. They have contracted with a third party who was able to verify residency for our families without extra paper copies. You should have received a letter in your mail indicating if your residency was verified or not. If verified, families will only need to update contact information and provide fees to register your child for the 2017-18 school year. If you are not-verified through this process, the letter will indicate what information we will need to register your child for the 2017-18 school year. Once you receive the letter and you have questions, feel free to contact us for more information.
Registration paperwork was sent home via backpacks on Thursday with all Kindergarten through Fourth Grade students.
BROOKDALE SPRING RUN CLUB
Every Wednesday and Friday (May 3 – May 26) from 8:20am to 9:00am Brookdale Elementary will sponsor a run club. Students will learn about the joy of running, log a mile or two, and burn some energy before heading to class.
To register for the Brookdale Spring Run Club, please register online at https://goo.gl/forms/V1VP8X8e60ZEXbON2.
If you have any questions, please contact Jen Birkner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (630) 234-4617.
PARENT INPUT FORM FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
Attached to this email, you will find a form parent's can fill out to give input on what type of teacher or environment their student requires to learn best. Please know that any form that is returned with a request for a specific teacher will be denied and returned. As we make classroom lists for next school year, we will refer to these input forms and do our best to meet the needs as suggested. Please know that no form will be accepted after June 1, 2017 as the class lists are already being formed by that time.
LOOKING FOR ALL FUTURE KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
We are accepting pre-registration forms for Kindergarten next year. Please let neighbors and friends who have not started at Brookdale yet know and pass this information on to them. We need to plan accordingly so we have the right amount of sections (and teachers) for our KDG classrooms.
JOIN US! NOMINATE SOMEONE!
The Parent Diversity Advisory Council (PDAC) invite you to their next meeting on Tuesday, April 25th, 7:00-9:00 pm, at Crouse Education Center (CEC), 780 Shoreline Drive. The meeting will focus on Chapter 8 of the Mindset book by Carol Dweck. The topic is: Evolving from a Fixed to Growth Mindset. It is not necessary to have read the chapter or book. For information about PDAC or PDAC meetings, please visit the PDAC subpage.
You are invited to nominate an Equity Champion through the Parent Diversity Advisory Council (PDAC). Please consider nominating a staff member, teacher, principal, parent or community member that supports equitable access and opportunity for students. Entries accepted through June 30, 2017. Multiple Equity Champions are recognized at the annual PDAC World Café. The current PDAC District Leadership is ineligible for this award. To complete the nomination form, please scroll to the bottom of this PDAC subpage.
WVHS WARRIORS CULINARY CAMP
Do you like to cook or want to learn how? Come join us for four days of culinary fun! Each day students will gain experience in cooking a variety of foods. Level 1 will concentrate on breakfast, lunch and dinner foods and will be the same both sessions. Level 2 will be different recipes and a great progression from level 1. However, you do not need level 1 to take level 2. See attached flier for more information.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Monday, April 24, 2017 - 2017-18 Kindergarten Screening and Registration - 12:00pm to 7:00pm
• Friday, April 28, 2017 - PTA Spring Fling and Silent Auction - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
• Tuesday, May 2, 2017 - Walk-in Registration - 4:30pm to 7:00pm
• Wednesday, May 3, 2017 - Brookdale's Spring Run Club begins - 8:20am to 9:00am
• Monday, May 29, 2017 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
• Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - Field Day for all Students
• Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - PTA Meeting - 2:00PM
• Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - Volunteer Appreciation Celebration - immediately following PTA Meeting
• Friday, June 2, 2017 - (tentative) Last Day of School for Students
MONDAY, April 17th
• NO SCHOOL for Students - School Improvement Day
TUESDAY, April 18th
• Typical day at Brookdale
WEDNESDAY, April 19th
• Late Start Wednesday - First bell is at 9:00am - School begins at 9:15am
• Fifth Grade - Illinois Science Assessment - 10:20am to 11:40am
• PTA Wednesday Enrichment Class - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
• NO Brookdale Buddies Program in the month of APRIL
• Second Grade Music Program - 7:00pm
THURSDAY, April 20th
• Chorus Practice - 8:00am to 8:50am
• PTA Thursday Enrichment Class - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
FRIDAY, April 21st
• Busy Bobcat Store - 8:30am to 9:05am
Kindergarten Pre-Registration Form 2017-18 (doc)
Parent Form 2017-18 Class Placement (doc)
Culinary Camp Flyer (pdf)
Log in to Edit