Incoming 6th Grader Visits and Info
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 5/1/17
Dear 5th Grade Trailblazer Parents,
I was able to visit with all incoming 5th Grade students at their elementary schools and cover Middle School 101. I am thrilled to have such a great incoming 6th grade class and look forward to their arrival in August. I would like to share some upcoming events that will take place here at Hill Middle School in an effort to prepare students and parents for the transition to middle school.
May 1st, 2nd and 4th - Elementary Schools take a field trip to Hill Middle School
· Students will have an opportunity to see “Live” middle school kids in action. Tour guides have been arranged and will take the students on a tour of the building and allow them to experience a firsthand view of our day to day operations.
Tuesday May 9th - Parent Orientation for incoming 6th Graders
-Incoming Project Arrow Parents 6:00 PM-6:45 PM
-All Incoming Parents 7:00 PM-8:00 PM
· Parents are invited to Middle School 101 (the same presentation that your children received). Project Arrow Parents will attend the early session (6:00-6:45). All parents should attend the Orientation from 7:00-8:00. We ask that only parents attend so that we have enough seats for all parents.
Thursday May 11th - Incoming 6th Grade Mini-Topper 5:00 PM-7:00 PM
· Hill Toppers are a great tradition unique to Hill Middle School. A Hill Topper is our school dance that includes Music, Basketball, Recreational Games, and Concessions. This Mini-Topper is only open to incoming 6th Grade students. The price for the event is $3.00 and drinks are available for purchase. Students will receive invitations from their elementary schools during the week of May 1st. The signed permission slip and $3.00 must be brought with the students at the time of entry to the event.
Monday August 14th Parent Refresher 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
· Parents will have an opportunity to review expectations for the first days of school. This will include a brief presentation from Administration and a Question and Answer session.
Monday August 21st - 6th Grade Social 6:00 PM-8:00 PM (Lockers/Meet Academic Team)
· Students and Parents will receive their locker combinations and academic team assignments. Families will have the opportunity to set up lockers, pick up school supply kits (if they were ordered), and meet the teachers on their academic teams.
Thursday August 24th - First Day of School 8:00 AM
Principal of Hill Middle School
Log in to Edit