Principal Update May 7, 2017
Reported by email@example.com on 5/7/17
All this past week, the teachers and staff have felt so appreciated! Thank you for the treats, meals, kind words and flowers! But most especially, thank you for sharing your children with us every day :)
Here is an update from Brookdale:
REGISTRATION FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
We had a great turnout during our two Walk-In Registration nights. However, we still have many families that need to complete the registration process. If you need help or have questions in completing any of the registration process, please contact Mrs. Minch or Mrs. Yep. They would be excited to assist you!
KIDS CAN RUN FOR TEAM IPEF
We are excited to share a great opportunity for students to stay active this summer and help raise money for our school. Sign-up today for the Naperville Kids Marathon, a unique fitness program that encourages students ages 5 to 13 to make healthy choices, set fitness goals and be part of running for a cause. Students run 25 miles (one mile at a time) between May 1 and October 20 and track their miles. On October 21, they run the final 1.2 miles on a portion of the Naperville Half Marathon course, receiving a finisher medal and shirt. Cost to participate is $44 and includes the $18 charity runner registration fee and a $26 tax deductible donation ($1 for each mile) toward Team IPEF efforts at our school. Registration is limited with space being filled on a first-come, first-served basis. At this time, we have 8 Brookdale students signed up! For more information visithttps://www.ipef204.org/kidsmarathon/
While Illinois public schools have benefited from a partially-funded state budget, our schools, students, families, and communities will continue to suffer without a full state budget. We also will suffer if Mandated Categorical state payments, which support special education, bilingual education, transportation, and other important services, do not get paid this year. To date, the State of Illinois owes our District $15.7 million in those Mandated Categoricals, and there is no state budget on the table for approval. We are calling on members of the Illinois General Assembly and the Governor to do the following:
• Immediately, and with bipartisan support, end the state budget impasse.
• Improve the state’s education funding formula and invest in students and schools, including higher education institutions.
• Pay school districts what they are owed this year.
Please join the effort and:
• Contact your legislator! Click here to find your state legislator.
• Ask your legislator to take action to address the three items mentioned above.
• Use social media to share your budget concerns with the hashtag #PassILBudget.
• Share this information and ask your friends and community members to join our efforts.
Let’s all work together to #PassILBudget and create adequate and equitable funding for our schools.
ELEMENTARY SUMMER MUSIC CAMP
For students entering 4th, 5th & 6th Grade. Sign up your student to be a part of the District #204 Summer Music Camp! Students will sing, dance and play instruments like xylophones, recorders and drums. On the final day of camp, students will perform music they have experienced throughout the camp for their families. You may pick ANY session that works best for your family and schedule, despite where you live or attend school. Register at:https://www.summermusic204.org/ There are three different sessions/times at three different locations. Instructors are: Danielle Donaldson, Shelley May Hutchison and Maureen McCoy. Registration fee for the Music Camp is $69 for the week if you register by May 26th. After May 26th and fee is $74.00.
PARENT INPUT FORM FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
Attached to this email, you will find a form parent's can fill out to give input on what type of teacher or environment their student requires to learn best. Please know that any form that is returned with a request for a specific teacher will be denied and returned. As we make classroom lists for next school year, we will refer to these input forms and do our best to meet the needs as suggested. Please know that no form will be accepted after June 1, 2017 as the class lists are already being formed by that time.
NAPERVILLE'S 5K GLOW RUN!
Please consider signing up for the Jeanine Nicarico G.L.O.W. Run 5K on June 3. It would be great to see a big Brookdale showing. It's great for all ages! Running is not necessary! Sign up using this link.
There is also an exclusive Brookdale t-shirt you can buy for only $13.96. Use this link to make an order. Order a shirt even if you don't run - just for fun!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Monday, May 29, 2017 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
• Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - Field Day for all Students
• Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - PTA Meeting - 2:00PM
• Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - Volunteer Appreciation Celebration - immediately following PTA Meeting
• Thursday, June 1, 2017 - Kindergarten Celebration Picnic - 1:00pm to 2:15pm
• Friday, June 2, 2017 - Fifth Grade Celebration (during the school day)
• Friday, June 2, 2017 - (tentative) Last Day of School for Students
MONDAY, May 8th
• Benchmarking for Third Graders - 9:30am and 1:40pm
• Whiz Kids Coding Club for Fourth Graders - 3:35pm to 4:30pm
TUESDAY, May 9th
• Benchmarking for Second Graders - 9:30am and 12:15pm
• Fifth Grade Parent Orientation at Hill MS - 7:00pm
WEDNESDAY, May 10th
• Brookdale's Spring Run Club - 8:20am to 9:00am
• Late Start Wednesday - First bell is at 9:00am - School begins at 9:15am
• Benchmarking for Fifth Graders - 10:20am and 2:00pm
• Brookdale Buddies Program - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
• Family Dinner Night at Chili's - 11:00am to 9:00pm
THURSDAY, May 11th
• Chorus Practice - 8:00am to 8:50am
• Benchmarking for Fourth Graders - 9:30am and 2:00pm
FRIDAY, May 12th
• Brookdale's Spring Run Club begins - 8:20am to 9:00am
• Busy Bobcat Store - 8:30am to 9:05am
• Family Dinner Night at Chili's - 11:00am to 9:00pm
Parent Form For 2017-18 Class Placement (doc)
Culinary Camp Flyer (pdf)
Log in to Edit