Principal Update May 28, 2017
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 5/28/17
This update is full of a lot of information about the last week of school, summer information and events for the beginning of next year. Please take time to read this update so you know all things Brookdale :)
Here is an update from Brookdale:
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
Beginning the week of June 5th, our office hours will be Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 3:00pm. If you need to come by the school office during the summer, please call before coming as we do take an occasional vacation day.
REGISTRATION FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
There are still some families that need to complete the registration process. There are three potential steps for registration:
• You need to access Home Access Center to update your child's information online.
• Some parents need to verify residency. A letter was sent via US Post Office to indicate if you need to do this step.
• Bring in the completed white health card, necessary health forms (if applicable) and pay for school fees.
If you need help or have questions in completing any of the registration process, please contact Mrs. Minch or Mrs. Yep. They would be excited to assist you!
NAME THAT PIG CONTEST - NAPERVILLE RIBFEST
We had so many students participate in Naperville's Ribfest "Name that Pig" Contest. Each grade level picked a winner and we submitted each one. The school winners are: KDG - Jimena H (KC) "Pigaletta"â€” FIRST - Chloe S (1T) "Piggy Wum Bum"â€” SECOND - Amara S (2B) "Chris P. Bacon"â€” THIRD - Julia H (3F) "Hamilton"â€” FOURTH - Wesley G (4R) "Hammy the Bodacious Pig" and FIFTH - Grace R (5F) "Notorius P.I.G.". We submitted these entries to the judges and found out yesterday that a Brookdale Student WON!!! The winner of the NAME THAT PIG contest is Julia H from 3F. She won tickets for her entire classroom and teacher. We so very excited!!
IMPORTANT MEDICATION REMINDER
If your child has medication and/or medical supplies in the health office, per the District protocol, all medications and/or medical supplies are to be picked up by the parent/guardian or designee on the last day of school. On June 2nd, health services personnel will be available to assist you throughout the day. If you are unable to pick up your student supplies on that date, please be sure to inform the school. Also, as a friendly reminder, If your student will have medication in the health office next school year, new physician orders are required. All necessary forms can be found on the District website. Should you have any questions, please contact Nurse Lynn at (630) 428-6806.
VOLUNTEER CELEBRATION ON MAY 31st AT 2:30PM
As our school year is coming to a close we would like to celebrate all of our Brookdale Volunteers. If you have volunteered in any capacity at Brookdale please consider joining us on Wednesday May 31st so we may show our appreciation for you. Please click on the link below to RSVP by Monday May 29th. https://goo.gl/NqBE2s
NAPERVILLE'S 5K GLOW RUN!
As of Thursday, we have 25 Brookdale staff and families signed up to join us at the Jeanine Nicarico G.L.O.W. Run 5K on June 3. Before the race, our music teacher, Dani Danielson will be awarded a grant from the Jeanine Nicarico Literacy Foundation. It would be great to see a big Brookdale showing to congratulate her on this award and help raise more money for grants next year. It's great for all ages! Running is not necessary! Sign up using this link.
KINDERGARTEN DISTRICT PREVIEW DAY
All future Kindergarten students and families are invited to our Annual Kindergarten Preview Day on August 16, 2017 from 9 am to 12:00 pm and again from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm at Still Middle School. Please come and be a part of this exciting day! It is an open house so come when it's most convenient for you. Stop by the various booths and meet staff who will be ready to answer any questions you might have about beginning Kindergarten or the district. Please see the attached flyer for more specific information.
PARENT INPUT FORM FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
This will be the last week we can accept a Parent Input Form
as class lists are being created after the school ends. Attached to this email, you will find a form parent's can fill out to give input on what type of teacher or environment their student requires to learn best. Please know that any form that is returned with a request for a specific teacher will be denied and returned. As we make classroom lists for next school year, we will refer to these input forms and do our best to meet the needs as suggested.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Tuesday, June 6, 2017 - Report Cards available in Home Access Center - 4:00pm
• Monday, June 19, 2017 - Summer Check Out in the LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, July 10, 2017 - Summer Check Out in the LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, August 14, 2017 - Summer Check Out in the LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Thursday, August 16, 2017 - Annual IPSD Kindergarten Preview Day at Still Middle School - 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:30pm to 4:00pm
• Monday, August 21, 2017 - Meet and Greet - 8:30am to 9:30am
• Monday, August 21, 2017 - Ice Cream Social (on playground) - 9:30am to 10:30am
• Thursday, August 24, 2017 - First Day of School for First through Fifth Grade Students - 9:05am to 3:35pm
• Friday, August 25, 2017 - First Day of School for Kindergarten - 9:05am to 3:35pm
MONDAY, May 29th
• NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
TUESDAY, May 23rd
• A typical day at Brookdale
WEDNESDAY, May 31st
• Late Start Wednesday - First bell is at 9:00am - School begins at 9:15am
• Field Day for all Students - 9:20am to 11:00am
• PTA Meeting - 2:00PM
• Volunteer Appreciation Celebration - immediately following PTA Meeting
• Family Dinner Night at Chili's - 11:00am to 9:00pm
THURSDAY, June 1st
• Kindergarten Celebration Picnic - 1:00pm to 2:15pm
FRIDAY, June 2nd
• Fifth Grade Celebration (during the school day)
• Last Day of School for Students - full day - 9:05am to 3:35pm
• Fifth Grade Clap-out - 3:30pm
Parent Form For 2017-18 Class Placement (doc)
District Kindergarten Preview (pdf)
Log in to Edit