Principal Update June 5, 2017
Reported by email@example.com on 6/5/17
Happy first day of summer. For the remainder of the summer, I will send an update every three weeks. We wish all of our Brookdale families a safe and relaxing summer and will be excited to see you in August!!!
Here is an update from Brookdale:
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
Beginning the week of June 5th, our office hours will be Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 3:00pm. If you need to come by the school office during the summer, please call before coming as we do take an occasional vacation day.
REGISTRATION FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
There are still some families that need to complete the registration process. There are three potential steps for registration:
• You need to access Home Access Center to update your child's information online.
• Some parents need to verify residency. A letter was sent via US Post Office to indicate if you need to do this step.
• Bring in the completed white health card, necessary health forms (if applicable) and pay for school fees.
If you need help or have questions in completing any of the registration process, please contact Mrs. Minch or Mrs. Yep. They would be excited to assist you!
ILLINOIS SAFETY PATROL STUDENT OF THE YEAR IS FROM BROOKDALE
We are very excited that AAA Auto Club Group names Jordan Rotolo, a Brookdale Fifth Grader, as the Illinois Safety Patroller of the Year! Jordan was nominated by Mrs. Schmalandt and Jordan needed to write an essay about why she joined Safety Patrol. We were excited to hear that she was selected after receiving hundreds of nominations across the state. Jordan was honored at the May 15th School Board Meeting and announced on Friday to the entire school. For this honor, she received a plaque, her very own laptop and the school received $100 worth of Safety Patrol gear. We were very proud of Jordon on this award!
KINDERGARTEN DISTRICT PREVIEW DAY
All future Kindergarten students and families are invited to our Annual Kindergarten Preview Day on August 16, 2017 from 9 am to 12:00 pm and again from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm at Still Middle School. Please come and be a part of this exciting day! It is an open house so come when it's most convenient for you. Stop by the various booths and meet staff who will be ready to answer any questions you might have about beginning Kindergarten or the district. Please see the attached flyer for more specific information.
TENTATIVE STAFF ROSTER FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
Attached you will find the tentative staff roster for next school year. We are excited to have some new faces join our staff and sad to say Good-bye to a few others. The following staff will be moving on to other schools next year:
• Mary Blessing will be at May Watts Elementary
• Dani Donaldson will be full time at May Watts Elementary
• Angie Bader will be at Longwood Elementary and Peterson Elementary
• Kathleen Boweres will be at Cowlishaw Elementary and Patterson Elementary
• Mary Claytor is retiring and beginning a whole new chapter :)
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Tuesday, June 6, 2017 - Report Cards available in Home Access Center - 4:00pm
• Monday, June 19, 2017 - Summer Check Out in the LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, July 10, 2017 - Summer Check Out in the LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, August 14, 2017 - Summer Check Out in the LMC - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Thursday, August 16, 2017 - Annual IPSD Kindergarten Preview Day at Still Middle School - 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:30pm to 4:00pm
• Monday, August 21, 2017 - Meet and Greet - 8:30am to 9:30am
• Monday, August 21, 2017 - Ice Cream Social (on playground) - 9:30am to 10:30am
• Thursday, August 24, 2017 - First Day of School for First through Fifth Grade Students - 9:05am to 3:35pm
• Friday, August 25, 2017 - First Day of School for Kindergarten - 9:05am to 3:35pm
2017-18 Staff Roster (docx)
District Kindergarten Preview (pdf)
Log in to Edit