Back to School Reminders
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 8/8/17
Welcome to the 2017-18 School Year! Below are some important reminders regarding the start of the school year.
BACK TO SCHOOL REMINDERS
• Parents will be able to access classroom assignments starting August 16 at 4:00 P.M. in the Home Access Center of eSchool. To learn your child's classroom, you will need your Home Access username and password that were used last year to check report cards and to complete online registration. You can access the information at https://homeaccess.ipsd.org/HomeAccess. If you do not remember your username and/or password, please follow the link on the Home Access sign in page to retrieve that information. Kindergarten and new students will follow the link on the Home Access sign in page to register for a new account.
• While you are in eSchoolPlus, please take a moment to verify that we have your correct phone number and email for important school-to-home communication. You can view your phone number and email address on the demographic page. The primary guardian can edit his or her email address if it is incorrect. To correct additional email addresses and phone numbers please call the Cowlishaw office.
• Bus information will be available August 16 in the Home Access Center for students that are eligible for bussing.
• Meet and Greet will be Monday, August 21 from 9:00 to 10:00 AM. If you purchased a supply kit, you can pick up your kit in the gym before visiting the classroom. The PTA Social is also on August 21 from 9:30-11:00.
• Please complete a Student Dismissal form prior to the first day of school. The form is available on the Cowlishaw Website, About our School/documents. Copies will be available in your child's classroom during Meet and Greet.
• First day of School for Grades 1 through 5, August 24, 2017. Students will meet their teachers on the playground. All students will say good-bye to their parent before entering the building.
• Kindergarten Orientation is August 24, 2017. Please come with your child for a 45 minute classroom visit. Last names beginning A-I 9:30-10:15, Last names J-R 10:30-11:15, Last names beginning S-Z 11:30-12:15.
• Students should arrive in the building between 8:50 and 9:00 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and on Wednesday from 9:00 to 9:10. Staff members will enter the building at 9:00 and the following doors will be locked 2, 11 and 13. Students arriving after 9:00 will need to enter the building through door #1 with their parent. Our expectation is that students are in their classrooms and ready to learn before the tardy bell at 9:05 and 9:15 on Wednesday.
• Please view the attached Drop off/Pick up information.
• Organic Life is the new lunch provider. Meals will cost $2.65 each. Payments can be made online through the new Push Coin payment system or by check. All payments sent to school must be sealed in an envelope with your child’s name, grade and teacher clearly written.
• Watch the Cowlishaw Calendar located on our Cowlishaw website for upcoming event information.
Please contact the Cowlishaw School office with questions. Enjoy the reminder of the summerâ€” we look forward to seeing you at Meet and Greet on August 21!
2017 Student Dismissal Form (pdf)
Arrival and Departure Procedures (pdf)
Arrival and Departure Map (pdf)
Log in to Edit