Principal Update September 3, 2017
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 9/3/17
We hope everyone is enjoying the long, holiday weekend with family and friends. We can't wait to see you all again on Tuesday.
Here is what is happening at Brookdale:
AIMsWEB PLUS BENCHMARKING BEGINS
Attached please find a letter from the district sharing information in regards to our AIMsWeb Plus Benchmarking that will begin in the coming weeks. A hard copy of this letter is being sent home with our OLDEST or ONLY child of each family on Thursday, August 31st.
BROOKDALE PTA MEETING WITH DR. SULLIVAN - SEPTEMBER 19 AT 7:00PM
Dr. Karen Sullivan, District 204 Superintendent of Schools, will be in attendance at to provide updates on topics affecting District 204 students. Parents may RSVP to attend and submit questions for consideration in Dr. Sullivan's Q&A by September 14 at https://goo.gl/forms/R8QHD2HVk6g8UpFu2.
More than 400 students ages 5 to 12 are now registered to represent their schools and Team IPEF in the Naperville Kids Marathon. This unique fitness program encourages students to make healthy choices, learn about goal setting and see how much fun running for a cause can be. Students commit to running 25 miles (one mile at a time) before October 20 and track their miles. They run their final 1.2 miles of their marathon on Saturday, October 21 at Naperville North High School and receive a shirt and finisher medal. Register at https://www.ipef204.org/kidsmarathon/ and choose to run for our school. Cost is $44 and includes race registration and a $26 tax-deductible donation.
The Indian Prairie Educational Foundation (IPEF) is partnering with District 204 to recognize staff who go above and beyond to make a difference in the lives of students. Nominate a staff member by submitting an essay describing how the staff member has positively impacted students. Student nominations are strongly encouraged. Parents, alumni and community members are also encouraged to submit nominations. All nominations are kept for consideration until the end of the current school year. Nominees must be currently employed by District 204. To nominate a District 204 staff member visit
http://www.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/APlus. Nominations must be received by September 8 to be considered by the September selection committee.
HOME ACCESS CENTER (HAC) UPDATED
Please know that the IPSD 204 made some updates to the Home Access Center (HAC). Because of these updates, HAC has a new URL. Please save this link to your favorites for easy access.
For those of you who have the IPSD 204 Family App (or are looking to download it), please follow these directions:
• On the lower left of the Login Screen, click the “Select New District”
• Use one of the methods to select ‘Indian Prairie CUSD 204’
• Sign in with regular HAC credentials
Did you know we have a personal Twitter hashtag - #BrookdalePride? Are you following Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat? You can follow us to see all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary!
UPCOMING WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, September 4th
• NO SCHOOL - Labor Day Holiday
Tuesday, September 5th
• Typical Day at Brookdale
Wednesday, September 6th
• Late Start - First bell rings at 9:00am with the Tardy Bell ringing at 9:15am.
Thursday, September 7th
• Typical Day at Brookdale
Friday, September 8th
• Spirit Day!
• POPStar Party for Fourth/Fifth Grade Students (by invitation sent home with students) - 3:35pm to 4:00pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Thursday, September 14, 2017 - Picture Day - 9:30am to 1:00pm
• Thursday, September 14, 2017 - Brookdale School's Curriculum Night (for parents only) - 6:30pm to 8:00pm
• Friday, September 15, 2017 - PARCC Student Scores being sent home with 4th and 5th grade students
• Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - PTA Meeting with Guest Speaker, Dr. Karen Sullivan, IPSD204 Superintendent - 7:00pm
• Wednesday, September 21, 2017 - Brookdale Curriculum Night for PROJECT ARROW & ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER Programs - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
2018 AimsWebPlus Notification Letter (pdf)
2018 AimsWebPlus Notification Letter - Spanish (pdf)
Log in to Edit