Story Character (No Carving) Pumpkin Decoration Event
Reported by email@example.com on 9/29/17
Story Character (No-Carving) Pumpkin Decoration Event
October 16 – October 27
Dear Young Families,
In recognition of the fall season and the importance of reading, Young School is having a Story Character (No-Carving or Piercing of the Pumpkin) Pumpkin Decoration display. Students and their families are to decorate a pumpkin that represents a favorite character from a story they have read. The purpose of this event is to have fun as a family as you celebrate how important it is to read.
Pumpkin Decoration Directions:
• Choose a character from a favorite book for your pumpkin.
• Be Creative! Use paper, glue, paint, markers, pipe cleaners, fabric, or other craft items on the pumpkin. (Please don’t carve or pierce the pumpkin)
• On the display form include the story title, book character, and author of the book written on the registration form.
• Families with more than one student can turn in a Family Project. Or, siblings may decorate a pumpkin individually.
• Pumpkins are to be turned in between October 16 and 27.
• Students who participate in this activity will receive a lmc coupon for extra book check out.
• Pumpkins will be on display from 10/16-10/27. Pumpkins will go home on October 27.
Please contact Ms. Morgan with any questions. I look forward to seeing many of the creative ideas that will come from our students and their families.
Here are a few a few website links and a few pictures that show some great ideas for doing this fun project.
Pumpkin Story Character Form (docx)
Log in to Edit