Principal Update October 29, 2017
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 10/29/17
What a successful week we had....with a successful PTA Book Fair, a delicious Food Truck Night and an amazingly entertaining Assembly with The Fabulous Chinese Acrobats.
Here is what is happening at Brookdale:
PTA FALL PARTY ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31ST
On Tuesday, October 31st from 2:30pm to 3:20pm, we will have our first PTA classroom party. This will be is a fall/seasonal party. Children are to keep all costumes at home as we do not have costumes as part of our classroom parties. If children come to school wearing costumes, parents will be called to bring regular clothes or given clothes from school to wear. In addition, PTA party coordinators will provide treats and prizes (as needed) for the party. We ask parents not to send in additional treats or individual bags/trinkets for students. We appreciate everyone respecting this expectation.
REPORT CARDS AND PROGRESS REPORTS AVAILABLE TO PARENTS ON NOVEMBER 4TH
You will be able to view your child's report cards beginning this coming Friday after 4pm on Home Access Center. The Grading Scales are linked on the eSchool Home Access page on the District website. The scales are about 2/3 of the way down the page. However, parents have a direct link in HAC to this page.
Remember, Kindergarten students will have a Math Progress of Performance available during the First Quarter. They will receive a full Report Card after the Second Quarter.
PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCE SIGN-UP
Parents are asked to schedule student conferences through PowerPTC for Thursday, November 9 from 4:30pm to 8:00pm or Monday, November 13 from 8:00am to 3:00pm and 4:30pm to 8:00pm.
When scheduling conferences, you will have access to your child's homeroom teacher's schedule as well as the following support staff schedules:
• Gustavo Gonzalez - English Language Learner Teacher
• Jane Ro - English Language Learner Teacher
• Tracy Born - Reading Specialist
• Arlene Sanders - Reading Specialist
• Anne Schmalandt - Reading Specialist
• Leah Walsh - Interventionist (Math)
• Betty Slater - Project Arrow Teacher
Please know that you will not be able to schedule a conference with your child's math teacher if it is someone other than their homeroom teacher.
When scheduling a conference, please select the tab "Show Other Available Appointments". From there, you will see the list of support staff.
WORLD CULTURAL FAIR - FAMILY SHOWCASE
Friday, November 17 from 7:00 - 8:30pm
It’s not too late to sign up to showcase your culture and traditions at Brookdale's World Cultural Fair! Whether it be a table display, performance or cuisine. This is the perfect opportunity to share it with other Brookdale families and students! Please contact our PTA Committee Co-Chair, Cindy Meiresonne, at email@example.com.
BROOKDALE TEAL PUMPKIN PROJECT
Each year, Mrs. Secrist, a Brookdale parent, organizes the Brookdale Teal Pumpkin Project map for Trick-or-Treating around the Brookdale neighborhood. It's a safe and organized way for children with food allergies to Trick-or-Treat at safe homes. Attached
ANNUAL WINTER COAT AND BOOT DRIVE
Brookdale is once again collecting new or gently used, clean coats of all sizes, from infant through adult through Friday, October 27. Donations may be placed in the large collection box just inside the school’s main entrance. Indian Prairie Parents' Council (IPPC) will be distributing the items to families in need within our school district in early November. Thank you for helping your community!
Did you know we have a personal Twitter hashtag - #BrookdalePride? Are you following Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat? You can follow us to see all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary!
UPCOMING WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, October 30th
• Typical Day at Brookdale
Tuesday, October 31st
• PTA Fall Party – 2:30pm to 3:20pm
Wednesday, November 1st
• Late Start - First bell rings at 9:00am with the Tardy Bell ringing at 9:15am
• Therapy Dogs at Brookdale - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Brookdale Buddies Program - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Thursday, November 2nd
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
• PTA Meeting - 7:00pm
Friday, November 3rd
• Fifth Grade Tech Club in 5F - 8:00am to 8:50am
• Report Cards Open in HAC – 4:00pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Thursday, November 9, 2017 – Parent/Teacher Conferences – 4:30pm to 8:00pm
• Sunday, November 12, 2017 – Brookdale/McCarty Chorus Field Trip to Chicago Wolves
• Monday, November 13, 2017 – Parent/Teacher Conferences – 8:00am to 8:00pm
• Thursday, November 16, 2017 - Human Growth and Development Parent Orientation Meeting for all 5th Grade Parents - Longwood Elementary School - 7:00pm
• Monday, November 20, 2017 - Human Growth and Development Parent Orientation Meeting for all 5th Grade Parents - Kendall Elementary School - 7:00pm
• Wednesday, November 22 to Friday, November 24, 2017 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
Teal Pumpkin 2017 (docx)
Log in to Edit