News from the Nest - Dec. 1
Reported by email@example.com on 12/4/17
News from the Nest
December 1, 2017
11 Last day to donate to Gift Mart Toy Drive
14 PTA Meeting 6:30PM – Internet Safety presentation
18 5th Grade Fieldtrip to Crone Concert 10AM
19 Graham Chorus Concert 6:30
22 PTA Winter Parties 2:15PM
25 – January 5 Winter Break – No School
8 School Resumes
Dear Graham Families,
This year we have once again partnered with Gift Mart Wheatland Community in holding a toy drive to benefit under resourced children in Indian Prairie School District 204! Gift Mart is a program that provides families who qualify with a “hand up” during the holiday season. Please consider donating a new, unwrapped toy that is safe for children ages 6-12. No stuffed animals or board games, please. There will be a Gift Mart toy box located inside of the school from November 11th – December 8th.Thank you for your generosity and participation!
To learn more about Gift Mart please visit www.communitygiftmart.org.
Students and staff are looking forward to the Winter Celebrations that will take place in each classroom on Friday, December 22nd, from 2:15 – 3:15PM. All room party volunteers will enter into the building using Door #2, gather in the MPR and then go to your child's classroom at 2PM. Please remember if you have not already been entered into the Raptor System, you will need to bring in your State ID or Driver’s License, so that we can make a nametag for you. Room parents at each grade level are working hard to plan activities for the students to participate in during the celebrations, which include crafts and games. It will be a great way to kick off Winter Break!
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL REMINDERS
â€”â€” Traffic and Pedestrian Safety
Thank you for helping maintain a safe and sound environment for our students by always pulling forward, not leaving your car unattended and always using the crosswalk to cross through traffic. When exiting the parking lot after drop off or pick up, please remember to make a right turn onto High Meadow as directed by the signage. Following drop-off and pick-up procedures will help ensure a safe entrance and exit for all Graham students.
• When picking up your child by car, the Car Rider Line is the safest way to pick-up and drop-off your student before and after school. The parking lot is not an authorized Drop-Off or Pick-Up area. If you have concerns, please call or stop in the office so that we can provide the safest and most appropriate opportunity for your student’s safe arrival and departure.
Please follow the direction of staff members in the pick-up/drop-off zone.
• Please remember to follow the traffic directions of our crossing guards and to fully stop at the stop signs.
In addition, please remember that it is illegal to use cell phones when in a school zone.
Third-Party Educational Programs
The following companies have rented space in our schools to offer an after-school educational program for students. The distribution of this material is in no way an endorsement of programs, services, activities or products by District 204. For more information about the programs listed below, visit:
Graham: Young Rembrandts Drawing Classes for Kids
Graham: NanoBeasts STEM + Robotics Classes
Reminders and Requests:
• When calling in your child’s attendance or late arrival, please call the absent line 630-428-6900, option 3.
• Please remember to include your child’s name and classroom teacher on a sticky note, when dropping off a forgotten item or bringing in lunch.
• There are items in the Lost and Found collection that are looking for ‘home’. If your child is missing an item, please feel free to come and look for the missing item.
If you have any questions, or concerns please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Log in to Edit