News from the Nest - Dec. 9
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 12/11/17
News from the Nest
11 Last day to donate to Gift Mart Toy Drive
14 PTA Meeting 6:30PM – Internet Safety presentation
18 5th Grade Fieldtrip to Crone Concert 10AM
19 Graham Chorus Concert 6:30
22 PTA Winter Parties 2:15PM
25 – January 5 Winter Break – No School
8 School Resumes
Dear Graham Families,
The 5 Essentials Survey has opened. We are asking for participation from our families. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Teachers, parents, and middle and high school students across Illinois have the opportunity to participate in the Illinois 5Essentials Survey. This survey was designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child's school. As a parent, your voice is essential to help us understand the conditions at your child's school and guide improvement.
The Illinois 5Essentials Survey is administered online by the University of Chicago, on behalf of the Illinois State Board of Education. The state will provide survey results for individual schools only if a school has at least 20 percent of parents take the survey. If you have children attending more than one school, we ask that you complete the survey for each school. You may also complete the survey more than once if you have more than one child in the same school. All survey responses will be kept confidential. University of Chicago asks parents for an email address when they begin the survey only for the purpose of sending a confirmation once the survey is completed. University of Chicago will never connect your identity and survey responses to you or your child or share the information with your school, the district or the Illinois State Board of Education.
To take this short survey:
1. Visit https://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/survey/parent/login/.
2. Type and then select Dupage as District 204's County location. This is the county associated with the district, not the location of an individual school.
3. Type your school's name into the School field and then select your school.
Prairie Children Preschool is accepting alumni applications for the 2018-19 school year starting now through December 21, 2017. If your child currently attends District 204's preschool or you had an older child attend in the past and you have a sibling who is preschool age you can apply for the 2018-2019 school year early. Alumni applications must be turned in by December 21, 2017. Please visit alumni application for details.
New preschool student applications will be accepted starting on January 8, 2018. Mail-in and walk-in applications will be accepted on or after January 8, 2018, and filled according to the date received. The new preschool student application for the 2018-19 school year will be available on the school's website starting December 22, 2017.
For more information, visit Preschool Application.
Third-Party Educational Programs
The following companies have rented space in our schools to offer an after-school educational program for students. The distribution of this material is in no way an endorsement of programs, services, activities or products by District 204. For more information about the programs listed below, visit:
Graham: Young Rembrandts Drawing Classes for Kids
Graham: NanoBeasts STEM + Robotics Classes
Winter Season Reminder
Please remember that students do go outside during recess. We monitor the weather and the temperature and do not send students outside if it is raining or if the wind chill is below 5° Fahrenheit. (This temperature reading includes the wind chill factor.)
Students and staff are looking forward to the Winter Celebrations that will take place in each classroom on Friday, December 18th, from 2:15 – 3:15PM. All room party volunteers will enter into the building using Door #2, gather in the MPR and then go to your child's classroom at 2:00. Please remember if you have not already been entered into the Raptor System, you will need to bring in your State ID or Driver’s License, so that we can make a nametag for you. Room parents at each grade level have worked hard to plan activities for the students to participate in during the celebration, which include crafts and games. It will be a great way to kick off Winter Break!
Winter reminders for Graham students and their families.
• Please make sure that your students are properly attired with a hat, gloves, and appropriate weight coat.
• Students must have boots and snow pants if they want to play on the field and playground when there is snow on the ground. Children without boots and snow pants must remain on the blacktop when there is snow on the field and the playground.
• During the cold weather months, traffic in the parent pick-up zone increases. Please review the traffic procedures in the Car Pick-up Line and be sure to follow the directions of staff in the Car Pick-Up line
Reminders and Requests:
• When calling in your child’s attendance or late arrival, please call the absent line 630-428-6900, option 3.
• Please remember to include your child’s name and classroom teacher on a sticky note, when dropping off a forgotten item or bringing in lunch.
• There are already items in the Lost and Found collection that are looking for ‘home’. If your child is missing an item, please feel free to come and look through the items
Gift Mart Wheatland Community in holding a toy drive to benefit under resourced children in Indian Prairie School District 204! Gift Mart is a program that provides families who qualify with a “hand up” during the holiday season. Please consider donating a new, unwrapped toy that is safe for children ages 6-12. No stuffed animals or board games, please. There will be a Gift Mart toy box located inside of the school until December 11th.Thank you for your generosity and participation!
To learn more about Gift Mart please visit www.communitygiftmart.org.
If you have any questions, or concerns please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Log in to Edit