Your Digital Footprint Matters Contest Entries due January 17, 2018
Reported by email@example.com on 1/10/18
In an effort to increase awareness of responsible digital citizenship, KidsMatter has partnered together with School Districts 203 & 204, and the Naperville Police Department, to offer students the opportunity to participate in a video contest
and win cash prizes!
Description of Project:
This contest gives students in Naperville District 203 & Indian Prairie 204 the opportunity to help solve a real-world problem by submitting videos of their own creation as a single or group submission about digital citizenship. Videos that are selected as prize winners will be:
- Showcased during KidsMatter’s Community-wide Internet Safety Event – a “Hollywood Premiere” - at the Community Christian Church on Tuesday, February 12, 2018.
- Utilized for curricular purposes in both District 203 and 204
- Recognized by the Mayor & City Council in a public forum
Prize Incentives: Video Contest Winners
Student winners all receive a trophy, picture with the mayor and:
- $200 - 1st Place High School Winning Video
- $200 – 1st Place Junior High/Middle School Winning Video
- $200 – 1st Place Elementary School Winning Video
$500 GRAND PRIZE awarded to Overall 1st Place students’ school district along with a traveling trophy
Full-time students in grades K-12 in Naperville Community Unit School District 203 & Indian Prairie School District 204
Resolution Requirements: Minimum of 640x480 resolution.
Video Formats Accepted: .avi, .wmv, .mov, .mp4
Minimum of 30 seconds and maximum of 2 minutes.
Content within the video should emphasize characteristics of one of the seven domains of the Illinois Internet Safety Act.
The Contest begins on May 15, 2017 and ends on January 17, 2018.
Where to Submit Your Entry:
- Upload the video to your Google Drive and share it with:
firstname.lastname@example.org - District 204
email@example.com - District 203
- Include your name, grade, school and contact info (email & phone)
- You must complete the online video submission form to be considered.
What: Digital Footprint Video Contest
The content of the video should address one of the seven domains of the Illinois Internet Safety Act:
7 Domains of Illinois Internet Safety Act
- Safe and responsible use of the Internet
- Recognizing, avoiding and reporting online solicitations
- Risks of transmitting personal information on the Internet
- Recognizing and avoiding unsolicited or deceptive online communication
- Recognizing and reporting online harassment and cyber-bullying
- Reporting illegal online activities and communications
- Understanding copyright laws on written materials, photographs, music and video
Common Core Standards that this Project Fulfills:
W 9-10.6 Use technology, including the Internet, to produce, publish, and update individual or shared writing products, taking advantage of technology’s capacity to link to other information and to display information flexibly and dynamically.
SL 9-10.5 Make strategic use of digital media and visual displays of data to express information and enhance understanding of presentations.
Check out last year’s winning videos: KidsMatters' Facebook Page
Log in to Edit