Principal Update February 18, 2018
Reported by email@example.com on 2/19/18
Thank you to all of our parent volunteers to helping to make the last PTA party such a success! Fun was had by all!
Here is what is happening at Brookdale:
ENGAGE 204 - FEBRUARY 26, 2018
Did you know District 204 maintains 4 million square feet of building space and more than 650 acres of property? That makes the district's acreage twice the size of Six Flags and its combined building space larger than the Merchandise Mart. Learn about the challenges of maintaining 35 buildings that span 80 years of construction and then give us your feedback at the next Engage 204 session from 7 to 9 pm on February 26 at Still Middle School, 787 Meadowridge Drive, Aurora. The session topic is "The State of Our Facilities."
Engage 204 is a collaborative process between the community and District 204. Key to the success of this process is the collaboration and discussion between participants. District residents who attend will have the unique opportunity to share ideas and discuss topics in small groups in order to provide feedback to the Board of Education. Findings and recommendations will be presented to the Board of Education in July 2018. All District 204 residents are invited to participate in Engage 204.
RSVP is appreciated, but not required at RSVP. For more information, visit Engage 204.
STEM NIGHT - EVENT VOLUNTEERS & DONATIONS NEEDED
Parent and high school/college student volunteers are invited to sign up to help at STEM Night, February 23, to help run the event or donate items. Click here to sign up online.
TEAM IPEF SIGN-UP
We are looking for a few parents to join Brookdale'â€”s Team IPEF. We have FIVE staff running this year (so far!) Set a great goal, get fit and make a difference for our schools! Team IPEF offers a unique opportunity to run for a cause as a charity partner in the Naperville Half Marathon or 5K on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
Runners commit to raise a minimum of $204 for 204 as they train and complete the half marathon on Sunday, October 22, 2017. All charity runners receive a $20 discount off race registration and get to choose a District 204 school they would like to represent. Visit https://www.ipef204.org/teamipef/ to learn more or check out the video at https://youtu.be/Sb4YYligwcY to see what Team IPEF is all about.
NEXT PDAC MEETING - FEBRUARY 22, 2018
The next Parent Diversity Advisory Council (PDAC) meeting is on Thursday, February 22nd, 7-9:00 p.m., at Crouse Education Center, 780 Shoreline Drive in Aurora. The topic of the meeting is Understanding and Addressing Abilities Advantages: How do students’ abilities and disabilities advantage and disadvantage them in school? Please visit these links to view the PDAC meeting calendar or to learn more about PDAC.
IN-COMING KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
Attached you will find the Pre-Registration Form for Kindergarten students for 18-19 school year. Return completed forms to our main office before our March 12th Parent Preview Nightâ€” mark your calendar for the Kindergarten Parent Preview Night for Monday, March 12th at 7:00pm. Feel free to share with neighbors or friends with an incoming Kindergarten student.
THE JOHN C. DUNHAM STEM PARTNERSHIP SCHOOL
The John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School on the Aurora University campus serves students in third through eighth grades in the Batavia, East Aurora, Indian Prairie and West Aurora school districts.
Parents from these districts who are interested in applying for a space for their 2018-19 third-grader at the STEM Partnership School for the 2018–2019 school year are invited to attend an upcoming parent information meeting on
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 from 6–8 p.m. at University Banquet Hall, Aurora University, 1410 Marseillaise Place, Aurora, IL 60506. Please see attached flier for more information.
Did you know we have a personal Twitter hashtag - #BrookdalePride? Are you following Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat? You can follow us to see all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary!
UPCOMING WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, February 19th
• NO SCHOOL - President's Day
Tuesday, February 20th
• Third grade "Learn Not to Burn" Program - during school day
• PTA Variety Show - The Greatest Show auditions in 4R - 3:40pm to 6:00pm
Wednesday, February 21st
• Late start - first bell rings at 9:00am with Tardy Bell rings at 9:15am
• Brookdale Brainiac Projects due to school
• Vision/Hearing Screenings Begin (Vision for all of 2nd grade, new students & students with special needsâ€” Hearing for all KDG, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd grade students)
• PTA Enrichment Classes for Wednesday - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Thursday, February 22nd
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
• PTA Enrichment Classes for Thursday - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
• PDAC Meeting at CEC - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Friday, February 23rd
• Fifth Grade Tech Club - 8:00am to 8:50am
• Fourth Grade "Be Smart, Be Safe" Program - during school day
• PTA STEM night - open for all Brookdale families - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Monday, February 26, 2018 - ENGAGE 204 Meeting - Still MS - 7:00pm
• Thursday, March 1, 2018 - NO SCHOOL - Parent/Teacher Conference (by appointment or need only)
• Friday, March 2, 2018 - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Institute Day
• Friday, March 9, 2018 - PTA Variety Show - 7:00pm
• Week of March 12, 2018 - PARCC TESTING for Third and Fifth Grade Students
• Monday, March 12, 2018 - Kindergarten Parent Preview Night - 7:00pm
• Week of March 19, 2018 - PARCC TESTING for Fourth Grade Students
• SPRING BREAK - NO SCHOOL - March 26, 2018 through March 31, 2018
2018-19 Kindergarten Parent Preview Night (docx)
STEM Partnership School Parent Information Meeting (pdf)
Log in to Edit