Principal Update March 5, 2018
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 3/5/18
Next week, we begin our state mandated PARCC testing for all third, fourth and fifth grade students. In order for the students to do their best, we ask they get a good night sleep, eat a nutritious breakfast and come ready to show all they know. Parents, please know once a test is begun, we cannot interrupt the classroom for early dismissals or late arrivals. Please have the students arrive to school at 8:50am and plan on them staying all day.
Here is what is happening at Brookdale:
TEAM IPEF SIGN-UP
We are looking for a few parents to join Brookdale's Team IPEF. We have FIVE staff running this year (so far!) Set a great goal, get fit and make a difference for our schools! Team IPEF offers a unique opportunity to run for a cause as a charity partner in the Naperville Half Marathon or 5K on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
Runners commit to raise a minimum of $204 for 204 as they train and complete the half marathon on Sunday, October 22, 2017. All charity runners receive a $20 discount off race registration and get to choose a District 204 school they would like to represent. Visit https://www.ipef204.org/teamipef/ to learn more or check out the video at https://youtu.be/Sb4YYligwcY to see what Team IPEF is all about.
IN-COMING KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
Attached you will find the Pre-Registration Form for Kindergarten students for 18-19 school year. Return completed forms to our main office before our March 12th Parent Preview Nightâ€” mark your calendar for the Kindergarten Parent Preview Night for Monday, March 12th at 7:00pm. Feel free to share with neighbors or friends with an incoming Kindergarten student.
THE JOHN C. DUNHAM STEM PARTNERSHIP SCHOOL
The John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School on the Aurora University campus serves students in third through eighth grades in the Batavia, East Aurora, Indian Prairie and West Aurora school districts.
Parents from these districts who are interested in applying for a space for their 2018-19 third-grader at the STEM Partnership School for the 2018–2019 school year are invited to attend an upcoming parent information meeting on
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 from 6–8 p.m. at University Banquet Hall, Aurora University, 1410 Marseillaise Place, Aurora, IL 60506. Please see attached flier for more information.
PROJECT ARROW AS YOU HEAD INTO MIDDLE SCHOOL
Do you have questions about your child's academic options as they head into middle school? What's the difference between Accelerated Math and PA Math? Can you be in PA and still take a language? And orchestra? Bring your family and hear from middle school students and administrators. A student panel with real answers about academic tracks, homework, how it all works. Come on March 13 at 7:00pm at Still Middle School for this presentation by the Indian Prairie Project Arrow PTA. (We encourage you to submit your questions for the panellists to email@example.com. This will help us shape the program and make sure we address all the most popular topics.)
THE MINI MUSTANG PRESCHOOL
Metea Valley High School is proud to offer The Mini Mustang Preschool to our teachers & local families for the 2018-2019 school year. The Mini Mustang Preschool is a lab-class offered to high school juniors and seniors who are exploring teaching as a career. The high school students develop lesson plans for 3 & 4 year olds that teach curricular subjects using age-appropriate teaching techniques. Preschoolers participate in activities that are planned around a weekly theme, while they explore different learning centers. Please see attached flier for more information.
Did you know we have a personal Twitter hashtag - #BrookdalePride? Are you following Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat? You can follow us to see all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary!
UPCOMING WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, March 5th
• Gym Club for 5th grade students - 8:00am to 8:50am
Tuesday, March 6th
• Math Acceleration Testing for all Second Grade students and selected third-fifth grade students
Wednesday, March 7th
• Late start - first bell rings at 9:00am with Tardy Bell rings at 9:15am
• Therapy Dogs in the House - 9:30am to 11:00am
• The Greatest Show Dress Rehearsals - 3:45pm
Thursday, March 8th
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
• Yearbook Group Shots and Fifth Grade Class Pictures - retakes for all - 8:30am to 11:30am
Friday, March 9th
• PTA Variety Show - 7:00pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Week of March 12, 2018 - PARCC TESTING for Third and Fifth Grade Students
• Monday, March 12, 2018 - Kindergarten Parent Preview Night - 7:00pm
• Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - Project Arrow heading into Middle School Presentation - Still MS -7:00pm
• Week of March 19, 2018 - PARCC TESTING for Fourth Grade Students
• SPRING BREAK - NO SCHOOL - March 26, 2018 through March 31, 2018
• Monday, April 3, 2018 - Students return to school
• Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - Second Grade Music Program at 7:00pm
• Friday, April 27, 2018 - NO SCHOOL for Students - School Improvement Day
• Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - Spring Chorus Concert at 7:00pm
2018-19 Kindergarten Parent Preview Night (docx)
STEM Partnership School Parent Information Meeting (pdf)
Mini Mustang School (docx)
Log in to Edit