Principal Update April 17, 2018
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 4/17/18
We hope everyone is able to join us on Friday for the PTA's Spring Fling and Silent Auction. This is one of my favorite nightsâ€” Bingo, Cake Walk, Bounce Houses and Games. And bidding on prizes too! How could you go wrong??
Here is what is happening at Brookdale:
REGISTRATION TO BEGIN IN APRIL
By this time, all families should have received a letter from the district indicating if the residency on file has been verified or not. These letters were sent through US Postal Service. Please be prepared to provide the appropriate documentation when registering based on these letters.
Beginning this week, we will be sending home registration packets for students returning to Brookdale and mailing packets for incoming Kindergarten students. Parents can begin verifying information through Home Access Center on April 23. We will host Walk-in Registrations at following dates/times:
• Monday, May 7 - 4:00pm to 7:30pm (Returning KDG through 4th grade students)
• Wednesday May 9 - 12:30pm to 7:00pm (NEW KDG students and siblings)
• Thursday, May 10 12:30pm to 5:3pm (Returning KDG through 4th grade students)
SAVE THE DATE FOR MUFFINS WITH MOMS
Brookdale PTA will host Muffins with Moms on Friday, May 4 from 8:00-8:45am. An email invitation with a link to register online will be sent on Saturday, April 21 at 9:00am. Brookdale students and a significant lady in their life such as a mother, mother figure, grandmother, aunt or adult sister are invited to spend a few extra morning minutes together and start the day with delicious treats, beverages and a smile! Only current Brookdale students may attend with their mom or significant lady (no younger or older siblings). Please note that the online event registration will close upon reaching maximum capacity for this event.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR SPRING FLING AND SILENT AUCTION ON FRIDAY APRIL 20
Brookdale PTA is seeking adults and responsible teen volunteers for the Spring Fling and Silent Auction on Friday, April 20. Volunteer shifts run from 4:00-5:45pm, 5:45-7:00pm, 7:00-8:00pm, 8:00-9:00pm and 9:00-10:00pm. Select the shift that works best for you. Sign up online to volunteer at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f4eaeae29a2fa7-spring1
SPRING FLING WRISTBANDS AND TICKETS PRE-ORDERS EXTENDED THROUGH WEDNESDAY
If you’d like to save time and money, pre-order your Spring Fling wristbands and tickets by Wednesday! Pre-orders have been extended through Wednesday, April 18. Wristbands increase $5 if purchased at the door on Friday. Wristbands provide unlimited inflatables, carnivals games, cake walk, BINGO and photo booth! Spring Fling tickets are to purchase face painting and food. Children 3 and under are FREE, and those 15+ years are FREE. (Please note that Silent Auction Raffle Tickets will only be sold at the Silent Auction for $1 each -or- $20 for 25 tickets.)
PDAC MEETING ON TUESDAY, APRIL 17
The next PDAC meeting is on Tuesday, April 17th, 7-9:00 pm, at CEC. The topic of the meeting isUnderstanding and Addressing Income Advantages: How do students’ parental incomes advantage and disadvantage them in school? Please consider joining us! For more information on PDAC orcalendar of events, please visit the PDAC subpage.
Finally, PDAC is co-hosting an awareness talk on youth challenges and concerns at the Naperville Public Library on Sunday, April 8th, 2-4:00 pm. The flyer for the event is attached.
PARENT INPUT FORM FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
Attached to this email, you will find a form parent's can fill out to give input on what type of teacher or environment their student requires to learn best. Please know that any form that is returned with a request for a specific teacher will be denied and returned. As we make classroom lists for next school year, we will refer to these input forms and do our best to meet the needs as suggested. Please know that no form will be accepted after June 1, 2018 as the class lists are already being formed by that time.
BOX TOP UPDATE
Many of our household and food products contain box top coupons. By cutting these off the products and sending them into school, we earn money for our PTA and School. At times, the PTA will hold a contest to see which classroom brings in the most box tops during a determined time frame. However, this school year, we will not be holding such a contest. The sooner you can send in the box tops, the sooner the Box Top committee can send in the coupons for a donation check. We appreciate everyone'â€”s participation and support of this easy fundraising effort.
Registration is now open for the students ages 5-13 who would like to represent their school as a charity hero with Team IPEF in the Naperville Kids Marathon next fall. Students commit to running 25 miles (one mile at a time) between May 1 and October 19 and track their miles. On Saturday, October 20, they run the final 1.2 miles at Naperville North High School on a portion of the course used by Team IPEF runners in the Naperville Half Marathon the following day. All participants receive a shirt and finisher medal. Register at https://www.ipef204.org/kidsmarathon-3/and select the school your child will represent. Cost is $44 and includes race registration and a $26 tax deductible donation.
Did you know we have a personal Twitter hashtag - #BrookdalePride? Are you following Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat? You can follow us to see all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary!
UPCOMING WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, April 16
• Fourth Grade Gym Club - 8:00am to 8:50am
• Whiz Kids Coding Club - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Tuesday, April 17
• PDAC Meeting: Understanding and Addressing Income Advantages at CEC - 7:00pm
Wednesday, April 11
• Late start - first bell rings at 9:00am with Tardy Bell rings at 9:15am
• PTA Assembly "Benjamin Franklin" - during the day
• Brookdale Buddies Program - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Thursday, April 12
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
Friday, April 13
• Fifth Grade Tech Club - 8:00am to 8:50am
• Second Grade Book Bunch - 8:15am to 8:45am
• Third Grade's "Learn Not to Burn" - during school day
• Spring Fling/Silent Auction - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Tuesday, April 23, 2018 - Home Access Center Online Registration begins
• Friday, April 27, 2018 - NO SCHOOL for Students - School Improvement Day
• Friday, May 11, 2018 - PTA Assembly "The Science Alliance" - during the school day
• Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - Spring Chorus Concert at 7:00pm
• Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - Field Day - 9:00am to 12:00pm
• Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - PTA Meeting - 2:00pm
• Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - Volunteer Celebration - immediately following the PTA Meeting
• Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - Retirement Celebration (in MPR) for Mrs. Brigman and Mrs. Zmijewski - 4:00pm
• Friday, June 1, 2018 - Last FULL day of school for all students
Parent Form For Class Placement (doc)
Awareness Talk (pdf)
Log in to Edit