Principal Update April 22, 2018
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 4/22/18
What a great turnout we had at our PTA Spring Fling. It was so cool seeing so many happy students and fun-loving parents!
Here is what is happening at Brookdale:
By this time, all families should have received a letter from the district indicating if the residency on file has been verified or not. These letters were sent through US Postal Service. Please be prepared to provide the appropriate documentation when registering based on these letters.
Registration packets for students returning to Brookdale have been sent home. Parents can begin verifying information through Home Access Center on April 23. We will host Walk-in Registrations at following dates/times:
• Monday, May 7 - 4:00pm to 7:30pm (Returning KDG through 4th grade students)
• Wednesday May 9 - 12:30pm to 7:00pm (NEW KDG students and siblings)
• Thursday, May 10 12:30pm to 5:30pm (Returning KDG through 4th grade students)
PARENT INPUT FORM FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
Attached to this email, you will find a form parent's can fill out to give input on what type of teacher or environment their student requires to learn best. Please know that any form that is returned with a request for a specific teacher will be denied and returned. As we make classroom lists for next school year, we will refer to these input forms and do our best to meet the needs as suggested. Please know that no form will be accepted after June 1, 2018 as the class lists are already being formed by that time.
Registration is now open for the students ages 5-13 who would like to represent their school as a charity hero with Team IPEF in the Naperville Kids Marathon next fall. Students commit to running 25 miles (one mile at a time) between May 1 and October 19 and track their miles. On Saturday, October 20, they run the final 1.2 miles at Naperville North High School on a portion of the course used by Team IPEF runners in the Naperville Half Marathon the following day. All participants receive a shirt and finisher medal. Register at https://www.ipef204.org/kidsmarathon-3/and select the school your child will represent. Cost is $44 and includes race registration and a $26 tax deductible donation.
Did you know we have a personal Twitter hashtag - #BrookdalePride? Are you following Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat? You can follow us to see all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary!
UPCOMING WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, April 23
• Home Access Center Online Registration begins
Tuesday, April 24
• Typical Day at Brookdale
Wednesday, April 25
• Late start - first bell rings at 9:00am with Tardy Bell rings at 9:15am
• LAST DAY - Brookdale Buddies Program - 3:40pm to 4:30pm
Thursday, April 26
• Chorus Practice - 7:50am to 8:50am
Friday, April 27
• NO SCHOOL for Students - School Improvement Day for Teachers
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Friday, May 11, 2018 - PTA Assembly "The Science Alliance" - during the school day
• Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - Spring Chorus Concert at 7:00pm
• Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - Field Day - 9:00am to 12:00pm
• Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - PTA Meeting - 2:00pm
• Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - Volunteer Celebration - immediately following the PTA Meeting
• Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - Retirement Celebration (in MPR) for Mrs. Brigman and Mrs. Zmijewski - 4:00pm
• Friday, June 1, 2018 - Last FULL day of school for all students
Parent Form For Class Placement (doc)
Log in to Edit