Principal Summer Update - July 3, 2018
Reported by email@example.com on 7/3/18
We are hoping everyone is having an awesome summer! We will be sending updates every 3 weeks to keep people up to date on summer happenings and what to expect for the beginning of the school year.
Here is what is happening at Brookdale:
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
Brookdale School Office is typically open Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Occasionally, both Mrs. Howicz and/or Mrs. Minch will be on vacation so call the office before planning a visit to the school office. Please note the office hours for the next three weeks are: 9:00am to 3:00pm on Monday July 2nd, Tuesday July 3rd, Monday July 9th, Tuesday July 10th, Monday July 16th through Thursday, July 19th . Any other day during these three weeks, the office will be closed.
NOTES FROM THE BROOKDALE LMC
Looking to avoid the “Summer Slide” with your child? Click on this link to a variety of area programs that are geared towards keeping your students reading all summer. In addition, we will have summer checkout three times this summer. Summer checkout will be from 9:30am to 11:00pm on
• Monday, July 16 - this is a change in date! Please make a note of this date.
• Monday, August 13.
If you haven't registered your child for next year, now is the time. An email was sent in June to families who are incomplete in their registration. The following items are part of the registration:
• If your residency was not verified through the district, you will need to provide three proofs of residency as part of the process.
• All parents are to verify their information in our Home Access Center as part of registration. If you need assistance with your login or passwords, please contact the main office.
• The following forms need to be completed and returned: white health card and arrival/departure form.
• The payment of fees for next school year - $105 for KDG/1st and $145 for 2nd/3rd/4th/5th.
Did you know we have a personal Twitter hashtag - #BrookdalePride? Are you following Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat? You can follow us to see all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary!
• Monday, July 9, 2018 - Summer Checkout Program - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Wednesday, August 1, 2018 - Back to School Fair at St. Francis High School - 11:00am to 6:00pm (see flier)
• Monday, August 13, 2018 - Summer Checkout Program - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, August 13, 2018 - Chromebook Meeting and Deployment for all 2nd thru 5th grade students - 3:00pm or 5:30pm
• Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - District 204 Kindergarten Preview Day - Still MS from 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm.
2018 28th Annual DuPage Co. Back to School Flyer (pdf)
Kindergarten Preview Day Flyer_2018 English (pdf)
Kindergarten Preview Day Flyer_2018 Spanish (pdf)
Log in to Edit