Principal Summer Update - July 29, 2018
Reported by email@example.com on 7/20/18
We are hoping everyone is having an awesome summer! We will be sending updates every 3 weeks to keep people up to date on summer happenings and what to expect for the beginning of the school year.
Here is what is happening at Brookdale:
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
Brookdale School Office is typically open Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Occasionally, both Mrs. Howicz and/or Mrs. Minch will be on vacation so call the office before planning a visit to the school office.
We are waiting for YOU! If you received an email the last week of June, you are one of the families who are incomplete in their registration. Please take the time to come by the office to finish the registration process, which includes the following:
• If your residency was not verified through the district, you will need to provide three proofs of residency as part of the process.
• All parents are to verify their information in our Home Access Center as part of registration. If you need assistance with your login or passwords, please contact the main office.
• The following forms need to be completed and returned: white health card and arrival/departure form.
• The payment of fees for next school year - $105 for KDG/1st and $145 for 2nd/3rd/4th/5th.
WEED CONTROL APPLICATION JULY 24, 2018
Please be aware that on Tuesday, July 24, 2018, weather permitting, a weed control application will be applied to the mulched areas including the courtyards and fenced areas at Brookdale. This application will be a “Pre-Emergent and Spot Treatment”. We match herbicide and application procedures to our school environment. All are approved for school use and are an important part of buildings and grounds maintenance. Typically, this application will not present a health concern to students or staff. However, it is the intent of IPM to allow those with special sensitivity to take appropriate precautions: in the case of children, as determined by a parent or guardian. Please see attached letter for more information.
NOTES FROM THE BROOKDALE LMC
Looking to avoid the “Summer Slide” with your child? Click on this link to a variety of area programs that are geared towards keeping your students reading all summer. Remaining summer checkout date will be on Monday, August 13 from 9:30am to 11:00pm on
Did you know we have a personal Twitter hashtag - #BrookdalePride? Are you following Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat? You can follow us to see all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary!
• Wednesday, August 1, 2018 - Back to School Fair at St. Francis High School - 11:00am to 6:00pm (see flier)
• Monday, August 13, 2018 - Summer Checkout Program - 9:30am to 11:00am
• Monday, August 13, 2018 - Chromebook Meeting and Deployment for all 2nd thru 5th grade students - 3:00pm or 5:30pm
• Monday, August 13, 2018 - Teacher Assignments in HAC - 4:00pm
• Monday, August 13, 2018 - New Family Orientation - 6:00pm
• Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - District 204 Kindergarten Preview Day - Still MS from 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm
• Thursday, August 16, 2018 - Meet and Greet (open house to visit the school and drop off supplies) - 9:00am to 10:00am
• Thursday, August 16, 2018 - Ice Cream Social - free ice cream for Brookdale students and their younger siblings - 9:15am to 10:15am
• Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - First Day of School for First thru Fifth Grade - full day of school
• Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - Kindergarten Orientation by Appointment - students and parents come for a 45 minute orientation
• Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - First Day of School for Kindergarten - full day of school
2018 28th Annual DuPage Co. Back to School Flyer (pdf)
Kindergarten Preview Day Flyer_2018 English (pdf)
IPM Notice Weed Control Mulched Areas (doc)
Log in to Edit