Principal Update August 19, 2018
Reported by email@example.com on 8/19/18
HAPPENINGS AT BROOKDALE:
• Are you ready for the kids to come back to school??? We are....almost! Please remember that we will meet all students on the playground on Tuesday, August 21 and Wednesday, August 22. On Thursday, only KDG students will meet their teacher on the playground and all other grades will walk into the school. On Friday, ALL students will walk right into the classrooms and go straight to their classrooms.
• Before returning to school on Tuesday, we ask ALL parents, guardians and caregivers to watch our Brookdale Drop Off Video. If you will utilize this drop off lane at any time, we ask that you view the video and follow the expectations and procedures. Our top priority is the safety of our students, staff and community members.
• All second, third, fourth and fifth grade students will receive a Chromebook to use at school and at home. Please make sure your student brings their Chromebook fully charged with case attached on the first day of school. If your student has not yet picked up their Chromebook yet they will bring information home on Tuesday that needs to be signed and returned. Parents will also need to view the Chromebook Presentation here. Once we receive the forms signed by the guardian/parent, students will be allowed to bring the Chromebooks home nightly. In the meantime, they will be provided technology to use within the classroom as needed.
• All LMC books checked out over the summer need to be returned the first day of school. Students will be unable to check out any new books until these books are returned.
• Follow Brookdale School on Twitter @BrookdaleBobcat. We use #Brookdalepride to show all the fun and cool things going on at Brookdale Elementary and the community!
SCHEDULE FOR FIRST TWO WEEKS OF SCHOOL:
Monday, August 20
• No School for Students - Teacher Institute Day
Tuesday, August 21
• All Students will meet their teachers on the playground beginning at 8:50am
• First Day of School for First through Fifth Grade Students - full day of school 9:05am to 3:35pm
• Kindergarten Students and Parents to attend a 45-minute appointment with classroom teacher
Wednesday, August 22
• All Students will meet their teachers on the playground beginning at 9:00am (late start on Wednesdays)
• First Day of School for Kindergarten Students - full day of school 9:15am to 3:35pm
• PTA Yahoo/BooHoo Coffee - Multi-purpose Room (MPR) - immediately following start of school (an opportunity to meet other parents and celebrate the start of school)
Thursday, August 23
• Kindergarten Students will meet their teachers on the playground beginning at 8:50am
• First through Fifth Students will enter the building upon arrival (staff will be available to guide students into the building)
Friday, August 24
• All Students will enter the building upon arrival (staff will be available to guide students into the building)
DATES TO REMEMBER:
• Tuesday, August 28 - PTA Classroom Coordinator Meeting - Teachers' Lounge - 7:00pm
• Friday, August 31 - NO SCHOOL - School Institute Day
• Monday, September 4 - NO SCHOOL - Labor Day Holiday
• Wednesday, September 12 - School Picture Day - 9:00am to 1:30pm
• Wednesday, September 12 - Curriculum Night (a parent night) - 6:30pm
• Thursday, September 20 - PTA General Meeting - Multi-purpose Room - 7:00pm
• Thursday, October 4 - PTA Fun Run - during the school day
Log in to Edit