Returning for the next school year?
We're excited to welcome you and your family back to Indian Prairie School District 204!
In order to get ready for the first day of school, you will need to register your child using ParentVUE. Included below are the steps for you to complete online registration for the upcoming school year.
Registering Your Child for Indian Prairie School
Online Registration will be available beginning May 3, 2021 for the 2021-22 school year. During online registration, you will be asked to provide a series of documents for your child, depending on their grade level and age.
These documents can be provided by using a scanner or using the ParentVUE app to take a picture using an iOS or Android device. Instructions for uploading documents are available on the Registration FAQs tab on this page.
To prepare for online registration, review the following document list. Gather, complete and ensure that you have the following documents completed and available to expedite your online registration experience:
- Proof of Identity and Age, if registering an additional child in your family for the first time
Original/Certified copy of a birth certificate, valid passport, or other record recognized by a court of law.
- Proof of Residency, if you moved, changed addresses, or received a notice that you needed to provide updated residency materials
One of the following:
- Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g., canceled check or Form 1098 (homeowners)
- Mortgage papers (homeowners)
- Signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment, e.g., canceled check or receipts (renters)
- Letter from manager and proof of last month's payment, e.g., canceled check or receipt (trailer park residents)
- Letter of residence from landlord in lieu of lease (7:60-AP2, E1)
Two of the following:
- Driver's license
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Most recent cable television and/or credit card bill
- Current bank statement
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Most recent gas, electric, and/or water bill
- Current library card
- Receipt for moving van rental
Indian Prairie School District Board Policy 7:60, requires that "only students who are residents of the District may attend a District school except as provided below or in state law." This means that any student enrolling in the district MUST reside within the district before their first day of attendance.
- Letter of "Good Standing," if registering a child that is transferring from another school outside of Indian Prairie School District 204.
- Health Examination and Immunization Requirements
- Disease Immunization Records, as required by state law*†
Students entering grades must show proof of meeting required immunizations. For additional information on immunizations, please visit http://www.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/RegExamsImmunization
- Physical Examination, signed by your child's physician*†
Also known as the "State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination."
- Vision Examination, signed by your child's optometrist †
Also known as the "State of Illinois Eye Examination Report." Students entering kindergarten or enrolling in an Illinois public school for the first time. Written proof of having been examined by a physician licensed to practice medicine in all of its branches or a licensed optometrist will be required.
- Dental Examination, signed by your child's licensed dentist †
Also known as the "State of Illinois Proof of School Dental Examination Form." Students entering kindergarten, second, and sixth grades are required to present proof of an oral health examination completed by a licensed dentist. This will be due prior to May 15th of that academic year.
* If these are not completed, the student will be excluded from school. Out-of-state physical examinations written on approved forms, which meet current state of Illinois requirements, are acceptable if they are less than one year old. An out-of-state transfer student may, at the time of registration, provide an appointment card showing these requirements will be completed within thirty days. At the end of the thirty day period, if the completed forms have not been presented to health services, the student will be excluded from school.
† Check with your health care provider to see if they have the mandated Illinois forms, otherwise, they are provided for your reference on this site and during online registration.
- Administration of Medications in School
The District's Medication Policy is found in the Parent/Student Handbook and at www.ipsd.org. Please reference the section on School Board Policy. A student who has asthma or allergies is allowed to carry necessary medication while at school. Physician orders or a photocopy of the pharmaceutical label on the medication box for rescue inhalers must be on file with the nurse.
- Authorization for Administration of Medication in School by School Personnel
- Authorization for Self-Administration of Medication in School
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a current or previous IPSD student, you will use your former Home Access Center email address to claim your account and reset your password. (This will serve as the same account you will use later to access District resources.)
To access Online Registration and reset your password:
- Click here to visit our online registration system or enter the following URL in your browser: https://bit.ly/204SISReg.
- Click on "More Options"
- Select "Forgot Password?"
- Enter your email address formerly used in Home Access Center and we will email you a link to change your password and your username for accessing ParentVUE. Passwords must:
- Be at least 8 characters long;
- Contain at least 1 Upper Case Character (i.e. A-Z)
- Contain at least 1 Lower Case Character (i.e. a-z)
- Contain at least 1 Numeric Character (i.e. 0-9)
- Not be the same as any of your previous 15 passwords;
Your account will be locked out after 10 incorrect login attempts. Once locked, you will need to contact your child's home school.
After resetting your password, the online registration system will guide you through the process of registering your child(ren).
After resetting your password, you will begin the online registration process for your child(ren). Please refer to Step 1 ("Preparing for Online Registration") above for information on required documents, physical exams, and immunizations.
Instructions for uploading documents are available on the "Uploading Documents" tab on this page.
A staff member at your child's school will review your online registration materials. They may have follow-up questions which will be sent to your email address provided during online registration.
The staff member will also coordinate a time to review your child's identity and age verification documents, if applicable. While you may have uploaded identity and age verification documents online, Illinois state law requires that the District inspect your child's original certified birth certificate, passport or record recognized by a court of law within 30 days.
If you have questions about these documents or other
registration and enrollment procedures, please do not hesitate to contact the
school office or the Office of Residency and Registration by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
by phone at (630) 375-3020.