For questions regarding the boundary process, please email Matt Shipley, Chief School Business Official, at email@example.com.
Upcoming Boundary Committee Meetings
The next meeting is Wednesday, October 27 at 6:30 p.m.
Meetings are held at Still Middle School unless specified otherwise.
Community forums will be held at our three high schools on the following dates:
- Monday, November 8 at 7 pm - Waubonsie Valley High School
- Tuesday, November 9 at 7 pm - Neuqua Valley High School
- Wednesday, November 10 at 7 pm - Metea Valley High School
Past Meeting Documents and Videos
September 22, 2021 Boundary Committee Meeting
September 8, 2021 Boundary Committee Meeting
August 25, 2021 Boundary Committee Meeting
August 11, 2021 Boundary Committee Meeting
July 21, 2021 Boundary Committee Meeting
July 7, 2021 Boundary Committee Meeting
May 17, 2021 Board of Education Workshop
April 13, 2021
April 12, 2021 Board of Education Meeting
Current Boundaries (as of Summer 2021)
Boundary Committee Guiding Principles
The future boundary should…
- Ensure an equitable student experience at each school
- Work as a part of the district’s long-range planning
- Anticipate future change of the neighborhood
- Continue to effectively utilize all the available District resources
- Focus on all grade levels (Elementary, Middle & High)
The following are always to be considered:
- Exceptional education must take place at each facility in every option
- The goal is to focus on Board of Education goals and priorities, and provide for the educational needs of each student
- Contiguous Attendance Areas: To create boundaries that visually make sense.
- Demographic Considerations: Ensure student academic, social, and mental health needs are met at each school for each specific academic program.
- Duration of Boundaries: Ensure boundary adjustments are anticipating possible changes in the future.
- Feeder System Considerations - Ensure as many schools have students move from one grade level to maximize student connectivity with their peers.
- Fiscal Consideration - Capital: Ensure boundary changes minimize the need and/or effectively eliminate the need for additional construction projects.
- Fiscal Consideration - Operational: Ensure boundary changes minimize the need and/or effectively eliminate the need for additional construction projects.
- Neighborhoods Intact: Ensure subdivisions are maintained in a school’s attendance area. Utilize natural divisions between neighborhoods as attendance line.
- Projected Enrollment/Building Utilization: Ensure enrollment at each school is within an efficient building capacity for educational programming in that school.
- Students Impacted by Boundary Change: Minimize the disruptions and transitions of students.
- Transportation Considerations: Ensure transportation systems are considered, including appropriate bus routes, time students spend on a bus, and logistics.