National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Crisis Text Line
Safe 2 Help Illinois
DuPage County Crisis Phone Support
The DuPage County Crisis Hotline 630-627-1700 is available 24/7, 365 days per year.
Callers can expect staff to provide support and guidance to manage the crisis, explore options and provide other resources that may further assist them in resolving the crisis.
Crisis Line of Will County
The Will County Crisis Line can be reached at 815-744-5280.
Crisis Line is a 24 hour, 7 day a week comprehensive hotline, serving both Will and Grundy Counties. Crisis Line is dedicated to providing help to people in need. Crisis Line provides Information and Referral for varying needs, inlcuding the following:
- Telephone Counseling for anyone needing to talk to someone.
- Reassurance Calls to individuals needing a friendly wellness check and/or medication reminder.
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention for anyone struggling with suicidal ideations or feelings and individuals with a family member or friend struggling with suicidal ideations.
ReferralGPS is a web-based service focused on assisting our students, staff, and community in finding local mental-health and substance use related treatment. The service compliments the districts existing systems of support as a tool for student service teams and families to connect with treatment. Along with a searchable database of treatment options, ReferralGPS provides Care Navigation to assist families in triage, appointment setting, and follow-up care.
School district staff and families may access ReferralGPS in two ways:
- Contact Student Services (social workers, psychologists, counselors) to seek our treatment options.
- Visit our District 204 link at https://referralgps.com/find-help/IPSD204 to search for treatment resources or connect with a Care Navigator anonymously.
ReferralGPS takes into account all types of private and public insurance including PPO, HMO, Medicaid, Medicare, and families who are uninsured or underinsured. The platform also filters by age, gender, zip code, and special requests.
ReferralGPS is available for use by district students, staff, and families at no cost. All information entered on the ReferralGPS tool is completely confidential and securely stored.
Personal Stress Plan
Via Healthychildren.org from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Calm Classroom: Mindfulness techniques and wellness activities for preschool through adult (English and Spanish text).
Virtual Calming Room: ReferralGPS Virtual Calming Room is a place for students, staff, and others in our community to find tools and strategies for managing emotions and feelings in positive ways.
Resources from the Illinois School Psychologists Association
Resources for Coping with COVID Related Stress
Resources from the National Association of School Psychologists
Resources from the Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS)