If you haven't already done so, please make sure you complete your child's health exam and immunization requirements. Documents can be uploaded through ParentVUE. All records need to be on file with your school by October 15, 2020 or students will be excluded from school.
Health Examination and Immunization Requirements:
- Students entering preschool, kindergarten, sixth, and ninth grades, and new students to the district, must present proof of the required state of Illinois physical examination and immunizations. The student history portion of the examination form must be completed and signed by the parent. If this is not completed, the student will be excluded from school on October 15, 2021. Out-of-state physical examinations written on approved forms, which meet current state of Illinois requirements, are acceptable if they are less than one year old.
- An out-of-state transfer student may, at the time of registration, provide an appointment card showing these requirements will be completed within thirty days. At the end of the thirty-day period, if the completed forms have not been presented to health services, the student will be excluded from school.
- All students entering kindergarten, second, sixth, and ninth grade are required to present proof of an oral health examination completed by a licensed dentist. This will be due prior to May 15th of that academic year.
- A vision examination is required of all students entering kindergarten or enrolling in an Illinois public school for the first time. Written proof of having been examined by a physician licensed to practice medicine in all of its branches or a licensed optometrist will be required.
- All students entering grades six through twelve must show proof of receiving the meningococcal conjugate vaccine.
- Students, who were enrolled last school year in District 204, should not need a new physical exam unless he/she is entering kindergarten or grade six or nine. Returning students who need immunization(s) will receive individual letters notifying the parent of the immunization(s) needed. The DuPage (630-682-7400) and Will (815-727-8480) County Health Departments offer immunizations at their clinics. Please contact them directly to schedule an appointment.
- Please note that a current physical is required to try out for any interscholastic sport (grades 7-12). A physical is not required for intramural sports (grades 6-12).
Check with your health care provider to see if they have the mandated Illinois forms. Otherwise, they are provided for your reference on this site and during online registration.
The District's Medication Policy is found in the Parent/Student Handbook. Please reference the
section on School Board Policy. A
student, who has asthma, allergies, diabetes, or epilepsy, is allowed to carry
necessary medication while at school.
Physician orders or a photocopy of the pharmaceutical label on the
medication box for rescue inhalers must be on file with the nurse.
During the online registration process, you will have the ability to document any changes in your child's health status. For significant changes in your child's health status or if you have information that you would like to personally discuss with the Registered Nurse or School Nurse, please do not hesitate to call your school health office.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call your school health office.
Linda Herwaldt RN, BSN, MS, PEL-CSN
Coordinator of Health Services